Panasonic LX100 (silver) for $772.55 at Amazon.com

memzinla

Mu-43 Top Veteran

tosvus

Mu-43 Top Veteran
ah too bad it wasn't the black version - I would have tried to pricematch (amazon since I purchased it full price recently) for sure. I guess I'll keep an eye out the next couple of days in hopes they drop that one too.

yorik

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Yonatan
It seems that the prices will be coming down eventually... This will make it harder to resist!

Livnius

Super Moderator
Real Name
Joe
Odd thing about the LX100 silver version...I've seen images where the extended barrel is black and others where the extended barrel is silver !

I think the black barrel look kinda hideous, but in silver..VERY good looking.

kwalsh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Out of stock now. Can you still order it and would they honor the price?

It looks like you can still add it to the cart at that price. So I suspect the answer is "yes". If not sure I'd go ahead and order it and then once it is in your "my orders" section start a chat session with a customer service agent to confirm that price will be what you are charged when it goes back in stock.

ScottGee1

Mu-43 Regular
Out of curiosity I followed the original link and the current price is $868.96 -- no surprise there.

What did take me aback were the reviews. Of the three posted, two were 1 star because the cameras failed completely, one DOA and the other within the first day. That does not bode well. Has this been reported in other forums?

darrellc

Mu-43 Regular
My local pro shop said they've had two LX100 returns for faulty cameras that went back to Panasonic.

tosvus

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Nope
which reviews by the way? Sometimes reviewers get early firmware versions. No problem with mine!

Sorry, misunderstood. As most happy campers I forgot to add a review.

ScottGee1

Mu-43 Regular
All of the reviews are dated after December 1, 2014 and another one has been added -- in that case the VF diopter did not work.

In summary, 3 of the 4 reviews (1 two star, 2 one star) describe quality control problems that should have been caught before the cameras were boxed, not firmware issues.

That said, I'm glad to know some people on this board have gotten good ones.

demiro

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
All of the reviews are dated after December 1, 2014 and another one has been added -- in that case the VF diopter did not work.

In summary, 3 of the 4 reviews (1 two star, 2 one star) describe quality control problems that should have been caught before the cameras were boxed, not firmware issues.

That said, I'm glad to know some people on this board have gotten good ones.

While I certainly care about quality issues, I prefer the issues to be obvious cases where a return is necessary. Worst case is smaller stuff that is not so obvious, or subtle performance differences. People have theorized that the Canon G7X has some of that going on, based on divergent reviews about AF. Much tougher to get a manufacturer to address something like that vs an obvious defect.

Latest threads

Top Bottom