1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

COMPLETED Panasonic LVF-1

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by apicius9, Nov 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Feb 1, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Hi, I just got a Pany GF2 today, and while it is exactly what I had hoped for in handling, heft, and feel at the first impression, I just need a viewfinder for it. Not unexpected, since until now I used the LX3 as a companion to the GH2 and missed it there also.

Anyway, prices seem to have come down a bit on Amazon, but before I order there, I wanted to check if anybody has one for sale. Just want to see whether it is really as horrible as I keep reading.... Please PM if you have one available.

Thanks,

Stefan

2. Toonman

Toonman Mu-43 Regular

0   0   0

Jul 19, 2010
    Hello Stefan

I was selling one until yesterday but decided to keep it. It is not a patch on the Olympus VF or any other to be honest, but it is better than nothing. I used it recently in the South of France as I could not see the LCD screen due to strong light.

So as a summary, it's not great but I believe essential.

3. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Feb 1, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Well, living in Hawaii I know all about strong sunlight ;) With the 20/1.7 and the (soon to be bought) 45/1.8 I should be fine framing with the LCD, but I like using smaller c-mount lenses for manual focusing. I hear contradicting infos about the VF's use for MF, some say it is not detailed enough, others say it's fine. So, trying it out myself seems the only option...

Stefan

4. bubzz

bubzz Mu-43 Rookie

0   0   0

Jan 11, 2011
    London, U.K.
    Why don't you get an inexpensive opical slip on finder? I use a small Helios finder on my GF1 and its fine. I paid about 30gbp for it on eBay

5. bubzz

bubzz Mu-43 Rookie

0   0   0

Jan 11, 2011
    London, U.K.
    Sorry, typo! I meant to write optical!

6. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Feb 1, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Thanks, I guess that's all I would need for framing, but with my eyes getting older I hope for the EVF to help me focusing while using the magnification. I am not expecting it to keep up with the GH2 VF, but I hope it will be better that what I seen on the screen without my reading glasses ;)

Stefan

7. charliedid

charliedid New to Mu-43

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Jul 20, 2011
    Hi Stefan,

Send me an offer via PM

Thanks

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.