Panasonic LVF-1 works on Oly E-P3?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Maklike Tier, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier New to Mu-43

Jan 9, 2013
    Does anyone know if the Panasonic EVF's will work on Oly cameras? As much as I like Oly stuff, I really do think they're gouging with their EVF prices to protect sales of the OMD.
  2. chicks

chicks Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2012
    The Big Valley, CA
    The Leica EVF-2 will work on the Oly, speaking of gouging. ;)
  3. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Lumix LVFs will not work on oly bodies. How is it gouging, when the latest rebates on oly LVFs made them cheaper than the lumix equivalents? Also just my opinion, but the oly products are of better quality and available before the lumix offerings.
  4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Not to mention the fact that Olympus' external EVFs (VF-2 and VF-3) work on every single Pen and OM-D body ever made except for one (the original E-P1). The Panasonic LVF-1 only works on 2 models, the GF-1 and GF-2, and is nowhere near the quality of either the Olympus VF-2 or VF-3. The Panasonic LVF-2 is as good in quality, but only works on 1 currently produced camera, the GX-1. I think it's quite obvious which EVF is gouging, and which is a good investment... :/

Leica's EVF is just the Olympus VF-2 with the Leica name on it and the accordingly high markup from it. It is completely cross-compatible with Olympus bodies and vice-versa. Your Olympus VF-2 will also work on a Leica, and your Leica EVF will work on an Oly.

Nothing against Panasonic, but if you want a camera with a detachable EVF then Panasonic's offerings are very poor compared to Olympus. That's not to put down Panasonic though, because Olympus truly has that niche in the bag with far better options than any of their competitors. Panasonic's offerings are not bad, they're just average and in line everybody else. Keep in mind that this is a niche market, as there are also many who prefer built-in EVFs.
  5. jumbotron

jumbotron Mu-43 Regular

Jul 9, 2011
    Vancouver, Canada
    The PEN EVF is so much nicer than the original Panny one - hands down, no contest - and a huge reason why I dumped my LX3, LX5 and GF2.