• Please note: A site subscription is required to start a new listing in our Buy & Sell forum. There is an option to subscribe for a month for $5 if you would like to sell something without a longer subscription.

All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

COMPLETED Panasonic Lumix GX8 body + 12-32mm f/3.5-5.6 zoom + extras (case & strap). Ships: US & Canada

Buy/Sell feedback for MiguelATF (10)

MiguelATF

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Miguel Tejada-Flores
User name: MiguelATF

Items to sell/buy/trade: Panasonic Lumix GX8 body + 12-32mm f/3.5-5.6 zoom + extras (case & strap)

Prices: $375 + $75 (or $400 for both)

Lumix GX8 camera (with OEM half-case + custom strap): $375
Panasonic 12-32mm zoom lens: $75
Discount price for both together: $400

Ships to: US

Description: I'm selling my lightly-used Panasonic Lumix GX8 body - with a shutter count of ONLY approx 3,850 actuations. I'm the 2nd owner. Camera comes with original box, charger and battery. I'm including an OEM Panasonic leather half-case - which enhances the grip of the ergonomically excellent body, as well as protecting it. The case has a nifty flap which opens, allowing access to both battery and SD card. I'm also including an incredibly comfortable & functional 'sling' strap, whose tiny 'clutch' lets you shorten or extend the strap in seconds, useful while walking, hiking or biking. The rear LCD screen has been protected with a thin covering for its entire life. (The rear screen can be reversed, too - giving the camera an X-Pro3 look)

The camera is a foreign (non-US spec) model, identical to the US model except for the video frame rate. International or PAL standard specifies 50p/25p frame rates, while U.S. NTSC specifies 60/30. The original owner modified the camera's firmware to record video at the U.S. spec - the only downside of the conversion is that, as you power down, a yellow Exclamation Point appears on the screen just before shut-down. I've been assured by smart gearheads that this doesn't affect the camera's video (or other) operations at all; but I've never used it for video so I'm taking their word for it.

GX8's with this low usage typically sell for much more; but in the hope of making this affordable for financially strapped fellow photographers, my mu-43 price for the camera body alone (including the leather half-case and custom strap) is $375.

Am also selling a good copy of the wonderful tiny 12-32mm pancake lens. I bought this lens used, and it lives up to its stellar reputation. Its only downside is that the lens has no manual focus ring. Mounted on the GX8, it makes a great street-shooting rig, but I've also used the lens for landscapes and portraits, too. Typical used prices of this lens, in good condition, on fleabay, are $100 and up; but for mu-43 photographers, the price will be $75

If you buy both the GX8 + the lens together, I'm further discounting the total price down from $450 - so, here on mu-43 the price for camera + lens + accesories, is $400

I paid significantly more for the whole package, but I'd like to make this affordable for Covid-afflicted fellow photographers, since I know what it's like trying to scrape together funds for good gear.

I'm attaching photos which show details of camera, case, strap and lens. I believe (as do many others including Mike Johnston of TheOnlinePhotographer, that the GX8 is one of the best handling and best designed Panasonic mu43 cameras ever (as well has having a great 20mb sensor); and the occasionally underrated lens has a stellar operation. I'll ship to either the U.S. (via USPS Priority) or Canada (via Air Mail); shipping costs will be split between seller (me) and buyer (you).

Images for this listing: File(s) attached

Payments accepted: Regular PayPal (buyer adds 3% for this option)

Shipping method: USPS in the U.S., Air Mail to Canada

Shipping charge: TBD

Handling time: As soon as I'm able, generally 1 to 2 days

References: ebay: miguelatf

Additional comments: Open to other offers, including trade offers

I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules. Yes

Attachments

Last edited:

MiguelATF

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Miguel Tejada-Flores
Adding a few more pictures here.

Attachments

MiguelATF

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Miguel Tejada-Flores
For those interested, here are two photos taken with this camera + lens combinaton.
The first, an interior shot taken with available light--

Eagle_cutout.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The other, an exterior shot, taken in front of my house---

Bee_Crossing.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

Vaan1441

New to Mu-43
Hey Miguel,

I’ve been on the lookout for a GX8 to get into micro 4/3. I did just make an account here in order to reply, although I’ve browsed the forums and BST threads for a little while now as well as the FredMiranda BST and r/photomarket. I don’t know if I’m supposed to have credibility of some form, or if that’s just on the seller’s side, but I’m happy to confirm anything if you need. Also, I think I may have spotted this camera on eBay in one of my saved searches, so I don’t know if you’d rather I buy it there.

Is this still available? I’m very interested in this at your asking price, and would be happy to puchase it/figure out how to buy stuff on here. Please let me know if you’re willing to sell it and if possible what the next steps are.

Edit: more info - I’m also in the US, PA to be specific, and have a PayPal account that’s a couple of years old. Feel free to ask me any questions or for any info. Also I’m new to photography, upgrading from an iPhone :biggrin:

Thanks very much in advance.
- Ivan

MiguelATF

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Miguel Tejada-Flores
Hey Miguel,

I’ve been on the lookout for a GX8 to get into micro 4/3. I did just make an account here in order to reply, although I’ve browsed the forums and BST threads for a little while now as well as the FredMiranda BST and r/photomarket. I don’t know if I’m supposed to have credibility of some form, or if that’s just on the seller’s side, but I’m happy to confirm anything if you need. Also, I think I may have spotted this camera on eBay in one of my saved searches, so I don’t know if you’d rather I buy it there.

Is this still available? I’m very interested in this at your asking price, and would be happy to puchase it/figure out how to buy stuff on here. Please let me know if you’re willing to sell it and if possible what the next steps are.

Edit: more info - I’m also in the US, PA to be specific, and have a PayPal account that’s a couple of years old. Feel free to ask me any questions or for any info. Also I’m new to photography, upgrading from an iPhone :biggrin:

Thanks very much in advance.
- Ivan
Just sent you a PM reply, Ivan. Check your 'messages' here.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom