1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Panasonic Lumix G6 wait club

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Ramirez, May 8, 2013.

1. Ramirez

Ramirez Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2011
    In one of the Fuji X forums (Fujix-forum.com) a "wait club" thread for the X100s was created. I was one of the "wait club members". The purpose was to make the wait time for our X100s:s more bearable. A club for early adopters, we who preordered fast, a long time before the camera actually hit the store shelves.

I have searched for a "Panasonic Lumix G6 wait club" but I haven't found such a club/thread here; so I've taken the liberty to create the Panasonic Lumix G6 wait club here :)

The "rules" for being "a member" are:

- Write about when you preordered your G6
    - Write about why you preordered your G6 (what your expecting of your G6 and how you are going to use it... Video work, photography... Etc)
    - Write about where you are from (so we know where on the globe the G6:s hit)

Let the G6 party start!

2. Ramirez

Ramirez Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2011
    1. I preordered my Panasonic Lumix G6 with 14-42 Mega OIS kit lens 7.5

2. I want my G6 to be my videography tool mainly, the G6 is going to cover the parts where the Fuji X cameras are weak (that's mainly video)... Also the times when I don't want the "retro" way of handling cameras - then I can go "futuristic" touch based with the G6 :)

3. I'm from Finland.

3. Ramirez

Ramirez Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2011
    The creator of the G6 wait club drops out...

How ironic :) I created this wait club here and then I drop out the same day... The reason however; I couldn't resist the video features of the GH3.

4. Ramirez

Ramirez Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2011
    The creator of the G6 wait club drops out...

How ironic :) The creator of this wait club drops out the same day...
    The reason however; I couldn't resist the video features of the GH3.

5. neon123

neon123 Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    I'm hoping the "Lumix Lifestyle" does some sort of good pre-order deal like they did with the G5 or maybe a trade-in deal or something, because I'm tempted to upgrade my G3.

It's mostly the manual video that sounds great, as well as the slightly better high ISO, better handling overall and better viewfinder.

6. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 Top Veteran

Does this Qualify

Not sure if this qualifies for the "Wait Club", but I was just given permission to share some photos I took using a pre-production sample of the G6. As soon as the weather turns sunny, I'll go outdoors and shoot more traditional photos. My biggest curiosity was to see how Focus Peaking works for Macro work. When used in MF, with Focus Assist, the peaking really shows you what's in focus and what's not given the shallow depth of field. My apologies to the SysOps for this cross post, but the Macro photo seemed more appropriate in the Macro discussion.

https://www.mu-43.com/f67/close-up-lens-45mm-1-8-a-45660/index2.html#post451960