1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Panasonic LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 14-42mm F3.5-5.6

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Geos, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Geos

Geos Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 12, 2013
    NYC
    I'm considering getting a Panasonic LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 to go with my G3. When it was first introduced there were apparently some bugs with this lens. I'm wondering what the current situation is. Thanks.

2. stripedrex

stripedrex Do or do not. There is no try.

Jun 8, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Alex
    This is my first lens and one of my favorite for bright days out doors. Personally I don't use it indoors unless it's for video and if I do for pix I'd need flash. On my GH2 it's great a 14mm f3.5 since it has image stabilization and with the video hacks I get good footage in low light at high iso. As far as the double image I've 2 copies of this lens and had this on 4 bodies now and I don't really see it. Actually I happen to have one of them for sale which I'll link below =). It's finishing today so not sure if that's too soon for you but if there are bad copies out there I don't really see the prob with the ones I have. I do hear it's far more prominent with the GX1 due to it's shutter. Mine came with my original GF3 and have since used it on a GH2, GF2 and GF1 with no issues. I do also have good camera holding technique and use the view finder when possible and use walls or shorten my arms to make sure I have a steady camera so not sure if that helps. The best part about this lens is it's portability for me. On a GF series camera it's jacket pocket able or slung on the neck / shoulder without even knowing it's there. The image stabilization to me is great too especially if you do occasional video. I really with one of their wide primes had image stabilization (14, 20 or the normal 25 all don't have stabilization and you see it in videos if you have to do slow pans or move at all with no tripod).

Here are some full flickr sets where I only shot with this lens, I'm just a family photo hobbyist that tries to get fancy sometimes =):
    20120618 - GF3 and PZ Pancake Lens Test - a set on Flickr
    20120619 - Dinner Northport Style - a set on Flickr

These pix were taken by this exact lens for sale:
    https://www.mu-43.com/f17/panasonic...-6-lens-micro-location-usa-ships-conus-39101/

I'm selling because I purchased a white gf2 with a silver version of this lens. I think the white / sliver combo looks awesome so selling my black copy. Both seem to be 'good' copies at least to me.

Good luck either way!