1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens on Olyp EM5

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by psbern, Apr 20, 2014.

1. psbern

psbern New to Mu-43

Sep 25, 2011
    Anyone using this lens on an Olymp E-M5
    Any Problems

2. Lawrence

Lawrence Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 8, 2011
    I owned the 14-140mm f/3.5-5.6 lens for over 6 months using with EM5. The result is really very good. No problems encountered.
    some photo enclosed:

1)
    [​IMG][/url][/IMG]

2)
    [​IMG][/url][/IMG]

3)
    [​IMG][/url][/IMG]

Lawrence :smile:

• Like Like x 4
  3. jnewell

jnewell Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 23, 2011
    Boston, MA
    I did for maybe a year - no issues. It is not going to rival some of the sharpest lenses, but it makes very good pictures (like those above) and is a very useful single-lens solution as long as you don't need to shoot in bad light. I only sold mine because with the 12-35 and 35-100 it really seemed mostly redundant, not because of any dissatisfaction with the lens or its performance (on either my EM-5 or the GX-1 and G5).

4. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Note that the OP mentioned the 14-140/3.5-5.6, which has only been out for 8 months, so your experience is probably with the older 14-140/4.0-5.8.

5. jnewell

jnewell Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 23, 2011
    Boston, MA
    Right you are, missed that - :redface:

6. nang3

nang3 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 15, 2013
    I picked up this lens a few weeks back as an all in one travel lens for my EM5 to replace the 12-50 which I found lacking in range.
    Its a great little lens, feels nicer to use and shorter than the 12-50, pity its not weather sealed too but its noticeably sharper!!

I found the FL range perfect as a holiday lens but I did have issues with focussing using a CIRPL filter at focal lengths over about 100mm.. Even manual focussing would produce crap images so its a flaw or 'feature' of the filter itself, not an issue the lens.
    I will eventually try a better quality filter to see if the problem still occurs, instead of the Inca one I originally used.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.