Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by michaeln, Aug 15, 2012.

1. michaeln

michaeln Guest

You guys have only the "Lumix G5 Digital Camera with Lumix G Vario 14-42mm Lens - Black" listed on your site for pre-order.

Are you not going to be offering a black body-only product? Any update on when these are to be ready to ship from B&H?

2. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Apr 28, 2012
    Hello,

At this time, the Lumix G5 Digital Camera is only sku'd in our system as a kit including the 14-42mm Lens. Panasonic USA is not showing a catalog number for the G5 body only. If it were to become available, we would list it on our web site. Currently the G5 is not available as a body only.

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Frustrating how both Pana and Oly almost always bring out the kits first!

4. foxtail1

foxtail1 Science geek & photo nut

Dec 30, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Kristi
    Chuck, do you have a time frame for shipping on the G5 in any form?

5. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Chuck... I had a silver G5 on PRE order with B&H for a couple of weeks or so and then just recently my order was canceled and I was told the silver won't be carried at B&H. Can you tell me why the change?

6. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Apr 28, 2012
    Our buyer expects them around 08/20/12. Any additional info we get I will post.

7. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Apr 28, 2012
    It's looks as though Panasonic USA listed the camera but then pulled it. We now show it as not available through us. While I am not sure of the details, this does happen from time to time where a specific color is pulled from distribution or sold exclusively through a particular channel or vendor.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    Removed.

9. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Different countries have different distribution and releases. They are only trickling out..Panasonic hasn't been known for the greatest stock distribution.

10. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Thanks, Michael! Looking forward to getting the G5 in my hands! :wink: :smile:

11. michaeln

michaeln Guest

Me too. And *really* looking forward to your impressions of the camera after you get it.

12. michaeln

michaeln Guest

Maybe not from B&H, but I ordered a body-only black G5 from Kenmore Camera yesterday and USPS tracking shows it being delivered by Express Mail before noon today.

They have more body-only and body-with-kit-lens in stock too.