Panasonic Lumix 35-100 f2.8 lens

jimr.pdx

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim R
Check the ever-handy http://hazeghi.org/mft-lenses.html when in doubt. Then try amazon.. ah well.

version 1 on top, back in the HD-logo days. Lenses are the same size but my screenshots don't care.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

PhotoCal

Mu-43 Regular
I have the original (my first non-kit lens purchase) and it's very good. It's ideal for shooting indoors, such as a play or assembly/ceremony (when we had those).

When the released the second version I remember wondering what could have been improved.
It's probably my favorite Panasonic lens because Olympus doesn't have anything that matches this focal length/speed (from what I can remember).

Hypilein

Mu-43 All-Pro
They only improved compatibility with Dual IS 2.0 (Dual IS 1.0 is supported) and the WR includes frost resistance. The rest is cosmectic. No reason to fuss.

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I have the original (my first non-kit lens purchase) and it's very good. It's ideal for shooting indoors, such as a play or assembly/ceremony (when we had those).

When the released the second version I remember wondering what could have been improved.
It's probably my favorite Panasonic lens because Olympus doesn't have anything that matches this focal length/speed (from what I can remember).
Olympus has the 40-150/2.8.
BUT, it is BIGGER and HEAVIER.
So while I have the 40-150/2.8, I have the Panasonic 35-100/2.8 on my short list.

DaveJP

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
David Plumb
If anyone is thinking of buy this lens and can afford it (it's quite pricey, although you can find secondhand ones) I would say get it, it's a lovely lens! It's small and fast for it's focal length range; it's light and very well constructed. It has internal focusing, which is normal these days, and internal zooming which isn't; so it stays compact and doesn't trombone when zoomed. It's also sharp. It's great on my G9, as you would expect, but also on the EM1 Mk2, which I recently updated to a Mk3. In fact it really seems to complement Olympus bodies, better in my opinion than the larger and heavier 40-150 f2.8. As you can probably tell, it's one of my favourite M4/3 lenses.

JMAM

New to Mu-43
El motor interno de enfoque también es nuevo, ahora corre a 240 fps para hacerlo más rápido y preciso en los cuerpos de cámaras nuevos.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom