Panasonic Lumix 20mm f1.7 versions?

ralf-11

Mu-43 All-Pro
What is the advantage of the II series redesign of the 20 mm f/1.7 Lumix lens over the original version?

20mm f1.7

2donggalbi

Mu-43 Regular
Had the older one for about 8 years. My most used m43 lense. Bought the newer one last month.

The older one has a better front lense cap. The newer one has the same cap that came with the 14mm pancake, which is thinner. I miss the old lense cap.

I like the older one in my hand, the newer one has sharper edges. The newer one is still slow to focus. I don't find any other differences.

jreed

Mu-43 Regular
I've had both... I bought the II version only because I like the all black color with my black Oly cameras. Otherwise, I think there is no advantage to it over the original...

AaronE

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I have had the original since it came out. Has worked great on three different Olympus cameras. Looks great on the Pen-f.

Real Name
Mike Peters
Functionally identical, cosmetically different. Both great optically, and really slow to focus. I wish they'd make a version III with faster AF like 25mm f1.7.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom