1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Panasonic Lens Serial Number Question

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Replytoken, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    I just picked up a NIB 25mm f/1.4 lens from an authorized dealer yesterday. Panasonic has placed the lens' serial number on the box, but I cannot find it anywhere on the lens itself. I have looked the lens over, but cannot find it for the life of me. Does Panasonic not place their serial numbers on their lenses?

--Ken

2. D@ne

D@ne Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2012
    Toronto
    I don't see a serial number on my PL25 either. My 45-175 has one clearly marked on it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Replytoken

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    Thanks for checking. It seems odd that such an expensive lens would not have a number on it. Unless they placed it somewhere underneath the outer shell?

--Ken

4. harrysue

harrysue Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2011
    Very finely etched print on my 14mm and 20mm. On the former, it's on the side of the shell. On the latter, it's on the underside of the shell. Neither match the serial numbers indicated by EXIF.

5. Replytoken

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    I will look again to see if I can read "the fine print".

--Ken

6. P Thomas

P Thomas New to Mu-43

Jul 21, 2012
    I found this thread while also trying to find the serial number on my PL 25mm. Just as I was giving up and starting to put the lens back on the camera something caught my eye. There is a black 45 degree bevel on the base of the lens where it transitions from the barrel to the mount. On this bevel, beneath "Made in Japan" I found the serial number engraved black on black. Hope this helps and good luck in seeing it!

• Like Like x 1
  7. CFBSr

CFBSr New to Mu-43

Oct 27, 2012
    St George, Utah
    Yep it is on the same place on the Summilux 25mm f/1.4, on the black 45 degree bevel in VERY fine engraving.
    Mine matches the one on the box. Whew!

8. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    A magnifying glass is very helpful in finding these !
    There is very little contrast between the etching and the background material on many of the Panasonic lenses