1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 25mm f/1.4 ASPH Micro 4/3 Lens with EP 2

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by nishendu, Oct 20, 2012.

1. nishendu

nishendu Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2010
    Dallas TX
    Just took some pictures with this lens. There is something strange going on. When I use autofocus, the lens seems to make a strange noise. I then tried my regular zoom lens, which also makes some noise but this is more of a scratch type noise. What do I do?

2. iGonzoid

iGonzoid Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 6, 2011
    Tasmania, Australia
    Are you using continuous AF [CAF] or AF/S? I usually use the latter on the 25 1.4 with no probs. I would guess that noise is either the CAF or the image stabiliser on the EP-2 [which I have; my new OM-D literally hums away with its five-axis IS]. Should not be a real problem except annoyance and aural pollution.

3. nishendu

nishendu Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2010
    Dallas TX
    This is not the usual sound that cameras make when you are using autofocus. It is a scatchy sound. I will use a little longer to see what happens.

4. riverr02

riverr02 Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2011
    New York
    Rafael
    Probably the sound of the aperture blades closing. If you search for rattlesnake and 25 on this forum or in google, you'll find out more info. If that's what it's, it's just a bit annoying to some but otherwise fine.

5. nishendu

nishendu Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2010
    Dallas TX
    Gone is the noise, here come great pictures

I had not used a prime lens in a long time. This one works great. It takes great portraits and it is easy to use. It no longer makes noise like it did initially. I am happy with this lens.