Showcase Panasonic Leica 8-18mm f2.8-4

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Ooooooooh! I'm getting clevererererr at this IT thingy stuff :2thumbs::laugh1:
He he he. I'm the furthest thing away from an IT expert you could imagine, but I can figure out Google drive, and photo. It actually works quite well for storing, finding and sharing photos. If you go into Google drive settings, and enable create Google photo folder, whatever jpegs you upload through Google photo is stored there in drive.
You can then use Google photo as your search engine, to find the photo/s you're looking for, click the info tab, copy the file name, and then when you want to upload the photo to a forum such as here, simply point the forum file explorer/uploader to your Google photo folder in drive, paste in the file name, and off it goes. Works on Android and my wife's iPad as well as windows.

wjiang

Mu-43 Legend
Something else I've just accessed and learned. Are these images being shared? P4210014.dng

P4210038.dng
Those came through. I loaded them up in ACR and played around with them a bit - here's my take, hope you don't mind:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I definitely agree the second is a bit washed out looking - not sure why. Both have some serious dehaze applied to them. I wasn't afraid to crush the deep blacks - I find that too little in the way of deep blacks and too much shadow pushing tends to make things look washed out.

It looks fine. I'm apologies for going off track with regards to the thread but I think sometimes we tend to get "caught up in the moment" and see things as how we feel them as opposed to how they actually are. The camera invariably can't reproduce that "feeling" although we can sometimes get close to it via processing skills. I've posted this before I think but it was an abysmal day for photography with 50knott winds and blown sand and spray. I had that "caught up in the moment" feeling but knew that with so much crap in the air the image would be soft and the colours muted but took the shots anyway. I'd only just got PS and Nik silverefex pro and my skills were limited but I got pretty close to how I felt when I took the shot by playing around, literally, for hours

View attachment 738035Windy City by Kevin Dickinson, on Flickr
View attachment 738036Windy City 2 by Kevin Dickinson, on Flickr
Nice shots!

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Couple of shots from the waterfront down town. This Steam powered Carousel was built around 1892. It did service on the Mordialloc pier between 1920-1950. I think it was restored around 1995-2000. And now lives on the Geelong waterfront.
Oh, & the G9 produces gorgeous jpegs, in iDynamic in high contrast situations.

My lens wasn't wide enough to get in front of the handrail

Teljam

Mu-43 Regular

kefir

New to Mu-43

kefir

New to Mu-43

kefir

New to Mu-43

kefir

New to Mu-43

kefir

New to Mu-43

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom