Showcase Panasonic Leica 50-200mm f/2.8-4

Teljam

Mu-43 Regular
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Teljam

Mu-43 Regular

It's quite an expensive lens, and I get the feeling most people already have the range covered by other lenses.
I don't think it has been out that long and didn't fill an obvious gaping hole in the Olympus/Panasonic lens range. I do like it though. I bought it for Costa Rica for which it worked well. I didn't know how much I would use it after that, but I am finding it quite useful for wildlife which doesn't like you getting too close. I have also recently picked up the overpriced teleconverter for less than half price. I am not yet as convinced by the teleconverter as I am with the bare lens, but it is early days. The teleconverter photos lack "punch" - maybe lacking contrast rather than resolution.

Last edited:

Brownie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tim
Love this lens.

P1002494_02.jpg

I wanted to add this because it astounded me. This is my first pro lens and I'm not used to the resolution. When I was processing the photo above I noticed a shadow in the open walkway of the horse barn on the right. When I zoomed in I could make out the silhouette of a horse standing there. It appears to be facing away from the camera, you can see it's ear, and what looks like a stirrup hanging on it's side. The fact that I could make that out from the distance I shot this was surprising, but what amazed me is the dog laying down behind the horse. His face is pretty easy to make out. I can't believe a lens can resolve that kind of detail in a shadow from such a distance. The photo below is a 100% crop and hyper processed to make it easier to see, it wasn't translating well when uploaded.

Attachments

Last edited:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom