Showcase Panasonic Leica 50-200mm f/2.8-4

I posted a few pictures from my recent Costa Rica trip here: Costa Rica top 30 (image heavy)

Most are with the 50-200, as is this one. Around 95% of my photos on that trip were with the 50-200.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Robstar1963

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Robert (Rob)

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Well, I can finally sit on a chair for a reasonable length of time, without getting too sore, so I've been going through a few shots from earlier this year. The 50-200 & G9 make a great combo. I managed to underexpose a lot of these for some unknown reason, so they're a bit noisier than they should be. Shot in jpeg too.

Teljam

Mu-43 Regular

Teljam

Mu-43 Regular

Teljam

Mu-43 Regular

Teljam

Mu-43 Regular

Teljam

Mu-43 Regular

Pretty chuffed - this photo from a local wildlife park was chosen to go in a recent special edition of the NZ Camera Talk Magazine

Teljam

Mu-43 Regular

The shot of the baby goose shows me that the Panasonic is sharper at 200mm than the Olympus 50-200 SWD. I have taken many shots of goslings and the feathers don't come out that sharp at 200mm on my 50-200 SWD.

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Not a lot of action in this thread. Not many users/buyers, or is everyone just out busy shooting? Anyway, shot this from my sofa. Well, not really, I had to lean forwards to move the curtains slightly.

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
It's quite an expensive lens, and I get the feeling most people already have the range covered by other lenses.
Yeah possibly. My theory is, that it's seen as too short for birding, which seems to make up the vast majority of tele usage on forums. Whereas I see much more value in the 50-100mm range than the 2-300 or 400mm. Initially, I thought I might add a 1.4 teleconverter, but I've lost interest in that. I honestly don't use mine enough, if I could easily hire one, I'd probably go that route :) It is nice to be able to put my hands on it at a moments notice though.

wjiang

Mu-43 Legend
Yeah possibly. My theory is, that it's seen as too short for birding, which seems to make up the vast majority of tele usage on forums. Whereas I see much more value in the 50-100mm range than the 2-300 or 400mm. Initially, I thought I might add a 1.4 teleconverter, but I've lost interest in that. I honestly don't use mine enough, if I could easily hire one, I'd probably go that route :) It is nice to be able to put my hands on it at a moments notice though.
For 50-100mm I've got the 35-100mm f/2.8 II, and for slightly longer most people ended up with the 40-150mm f/2.8 + MC-14.

saladin

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
jason
Yep, with the 40-150pro and T/C already in the kit, there's just never been a requirement to get the PL for me.

Teljam

Mu-43 Regular

Teljam

Mu-43 Regular

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom