Panasonic Leica 42.5mm f1.2 NOCTICRON !

shnitz

Mu-43 All-Pro
I've had an E-P1, and the IS is not even worth turning on. hahaha The OM-D is what made me sell off my D600 and lenses. But if you get a lens with IS, it feels like you're paying for a feature you're never going to use if you already have 5-axis. Maybe stick to the 75 1.8? Even if it's longer..:confused:
That's not how it works. I have used the video on my G2 probably twice, but having it as a feature is what makes the camera cheaper than it would be otherwise. This is true for all current mirrorless and DSLR cameras; they're cheaper by virtue of including features like video or bracketing, because they then have a larger consumer base. It's all about the economies of scale. If your potential customers increase by 40%, and you actual customers increase by 15-20%, then you're coming out ahead.

RT_Panther

Mu-43 Legend
I might very well get this too & sell my M. Zuiko 45mm ƒ1.8

One thing about these Leica/Panasonic lenses - they hold their value. :smile: I sold my Leica/Panasonic 45mm ƒ2.8 MACRO for a very good price which in turn, made it quite easy for me to get my M. Zuiko 75mm ƒ1.8 :smile:

F/Stop

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Brian Y.
This lens is why I've been holding out on the oly 45. I wish they gave us a release date. Working with the 75mm for most portrait work really makes me want a 85-90mm equiv.

I have been patiently waiting for this lens to be released, if its anything like the pana 25 then ill be in love and default on my mortgage and lose the wife. .....

htc

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Harry
This might turn our thoughts upside down. It might turn out that the 75 mm Oly is a bargain and 45 mm Oly is pocket change compared to 42,5 mm Nocticron :biggrin:

Neftun

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Patrick Kristiansen
All I know is I love it. Love the numbers, the design (aperture and focus ring placed like the OM's!) love the name. Does sound like Megatron's liason:) can't wait to see some sample images, if it renders comparably to the 25 or maybe even better:)
Only problem is, how to afford one?? Hmm. Gonna mail Panasonics salesdep later on I guess.

arad85

Mu-43 Veteran

usayit

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
i think they're equally sharp, the difference is the aperture

how could they sell the noctilux for $10k if it was the softest lens? (hell, how do they sell it at that price PERIOD?!)

if you want soft, get voigtlander

its more than aperture. Hint Hint.... the Leica Summicron 50mm f/2 is STILL a non-aspherical in design for a very good reason.

The original Noctilux f/1.2 as well as the previous version f/1 were both softer than most of their lenses. But here's the thing... people bought it specifically for its character. The latest version of the noctilux f/0.95 moves towards an aspherical design which places its characteristics closer to than of a Summilux and fairly different from its previous siblings. This "change" actually has increased the popularity of the f/1 and f/1.2.

Think beyond paper specs and "sharpness". Both are over-rated. Despite the sharp and fast Summilux, the Summicron is often the favorite.

No love for the Summarit? It was left off nstelemark's list.... The Summarit f/2.5 is very similar to the Summicron f/2. Oh yes.... there also existed a Summarit f/1.5.

nstelemark

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Larry
No love for the Summarit? It was left off nstelemark's list.... The Summarit f/2.5 is very similar to the Summicron f/2. Oh yes.... there also existed a Summarit f/1.5.
As I mentioned I am not a Leica guy. And, in all honesty, I would have generally avoided buying the Leica brand on principal. :biggrin: For the same reasons I would have a hard time buying Mercedes or some other brands.

I bought the 25 PanaLeica more on a whim than anything ($500 is not really a whim, but you know what I mean). I had ordered a black 17 Oly but they are due to ship in the fall, and I got a really good local deal on a 25, good enough I could simply resell it and at least come out even. I figured I would use it 'til the fall a bit and swap it for the 17 Oly. I did some analysis on my image database and I simply don't shoot at 50. The 17 (35) looked like a lot better fit.

Well apparently I was wrong. I really like the images the 25 PanaLeica produces, and this is about the character of the image, it has nothing to do with sharpness. I like it enough that I will take a hard look at the 42.625 lens named after Optimus Prime's sidekick when it comes out.

Kingsfan

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Q
its more than aperture. Hint Hint.... the Leica Summicron 50mm f/2 is STILL a non-aspherical in design for a very good reason.

The original Noctilux f/1.2 as well as the previous version f/1 were both softer than most of their lenses. But here's the thing... people bought it specifically for its character. The latest version of the noctilux f/0.95 moves towards an aspherical design which places its characteristics closer to than of a Summilux and fairly different from its previous siblings. This "change" actually has increased the popularity of the f/1 and f/1.2.

Think beyond paper specs and "sharpness". Both are over-rated. Despite the sharp and fast Summilux, the Summicron is often the favorite.

you're right, it is about character afterall.

as for the summarits, for their price i would rather buy a used summicron from the mandler era.

Mellow

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tom
LOL this whole thread makes me laugh. Y'all know that this lens is made by Panasonic, right? I'm sure it'll be good (the 25mm Lumix is good too), but it seems silly to read much into the Leica labeling "noctoluxicron" or whatever.

usayit

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
as for the summarits, for their price i would rather buy a used summicron from the mandler era.
Absolutely popular choice! Man... what an impressive list of designs bearing credit to Dr. Mandler

I went the other direction. From an earlier Summicron to a Summarit. Shorter (thus faster) focus throw among a few other things.

RT_Panther

Mu-43 Legend
I'm REALLY starting to feel this lens. Part of this is personal bias based upon me already having the 25mm ƒ1.4 :smile:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom