Showcase Panasonic Leica 42.5mm f/1.2 DG Nocticron

Pluttis

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Peter
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

dirtdevil

Mu-43 Top Veteran

dirtdevil

Mu-43 Top Veteran

Attachments

dirtdevil

Mu-43 Top Veteran

kb1142

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Kevin
Wow, this lens. I don’t have it. I shoot almost exclusively with adapted film lenses because I find that most of the digital ones lack personality and character. But man, when I see the images this lens produces, I take notice. If I were to invest in one digital lens, this would be the one.

Last edited:

dirtdevil

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Wow, this lens. I don’t have it. I shoot almost exclusively with adapted film lenses because I find that most of the digital ones lack personality and character. But man, when I see the images this lens produces, I take notice. If I were to invest in one digital lens, this would br the one.
I made a comparison between the 42.5 1.2, the 25 1.4, and a normal cheap zoom lens (14-140mm). With the exact same settings on all 3 lenses, you could definitely see more vibrant colors and more contrast (and sharper too) with the 42.5

kb1142

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Kevin
I made a comparison between the 42.5 1.2, the 25 1.4, and a normal cheap zoom lens (14-140mm). With the exact same settings on all 3 lenses, you could definitely see more vibrant colors and more contrast (and sharper too) with the 42.5
One observation I have made after looking at the images from this lens is that despite some really beautiful and creamy bokeh, the bokeh balls are not round, but cat-eye shaped. This disappoints me. I suppose you can’t have everything.

dirtdevil

Mu-43 Top Veteran
One observation I have made after looking at the images from this lens is that despite some really beautiful and creamy bokeh, the bokeh balls are not round, but cat-eye shaped. This disappoints me. I suppose you can’t have everything.
Personally I am not bothered by it, I find it adds some 3d look to it. But one thing I do have to complain just a bit is the chromatic aberration. (Which can be removed easily in post). The picture I posted earlier was a sooc jpg.

dirtdevil

Mu-43 Top Veteran
handheld

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom