1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Panasonic Leica 25mm f1.4 $569 at BH

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by snaimpally, Jul 7, 2013.

1. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
    I think BH has decided to match the Japanese listings on ebay for the 25mm for $569.

2. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    Up here in Canada it's $529 at Saneal camera in Canadian funds so probably $50 cheaper than B&H.

3. MadMan

MadMan Mu-43 Regular

Mar 27, 2013
    If you have EPP account with them, the price for this lens straight form Panasonic.com is $472.49 (plus tax):

4. bigbluebear

bigbluebear Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2013
    what's an EPP account and how do I get one? ;)

5. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    EPP = Employee Purchase Plan. Check with your employer.

6. leungw

leungw Deal Hunter

May 26, 2011
    NJ
    Willy
    And you don't have to be working for Panasonic. All their business partners have access to the program also.

7. MadMan

MadMan Mu-43 Regular

Mar 27, 2013
    Replied to bigbluebear's PM yesterday, but maybe should post here, to add to what DeeJayK said. There is a thread on mu-43 here about it ... sort of. It's kind of confusing because (as you can probably figure out from that thread) it used to work totally differently, there was a different web site, and with usually bigger discounts -- right now it is only occasionally (like with this lens) that the EPP program will give you the best deal. I signed up using the old way, and my account just carried through to the new web site, so what I remember won't help anyone today.

Like the others' said, your best bet is to talk to your HR Dept, if you work for a large organization -- many companies have their own documentation of discounts you can get from cell phone companies, etc, and they can tell you if they also have an arrangement with Panasonic. I just wanted to draw attention for those who do have access, because as I said, it's uncommon today that you can get the best price on something direct from Panny via EPP, so maybe people who do have access might not even bother to check. For example, there is a discount on the 45-175 too, but the recent amazon deal was nearly HALF (!) the EPP price.

8. leungw

leungw Deal Hunter

May 26, 2011
    NJ
    Willy
    I also miss the old EPP. Many excellent deals back then.

9. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    I'd wait. For quite a while, it was $500 on Amazon as recently as two months ago. I got one through Amazon Warehouse Deals for $469 with full warranty during that time, though it looks like prices have all gone up accordingly. Thankfully it was a good copy (or at least, I haven't noticed any issues with it, save for the chattiness on Olympus bodies).

10. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
  11. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
    Nice! Anyone with an EPP account willing to buy one for me?

12. dre_tech

dre_tech Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 31, 2012
    Yes, $500 was a normal deal a little while ago! I'm surprised that the higher price made it into the great deals. :)

13. thaiusmle

thaiusmle Mu-43 Regular

Jan 18, 2013
    Waiting for it to go back down to $499 again :)