Showcase Panasonic Leica 25mm f/1.4 DG Summilux

fransglans

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Gustav
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The lens that almost paints :)

fransglans

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Gustav

been using the pl25 for some weeks now, and can compare it with my now sold fuji 35 f2, and there is a difference, the olympus setup (em1 and pl25) feels more soft, not un-sharp but soft, its something about lesser megapixels and the lens, I do prefer this smoothier style from the more "perfect and industrial look and a little bit cooler look" from the fuji.

Hinkov

New to Mu-43
Real Name
Ivan Hinkov

AlterKnabe

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Walter
still trying to love this lens.. nice oof rendering but just lacking that little bit of sharpness especially for portraits.. or maybe its just my copy..
Frankly, the ladies in my circle of friends have forbidden me to portray them with the Summilux. They say that the lens depicts too mercilessly. :confused:

AlterKnabe

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Walter
hilarious
The 56mm is really exceptionally good.
But that I'm so satisfied with the 25mm is maybe because I develop the pictures from RAW. With DXO Photolab 3, so any weaknesses are already automatically corrected, including "lens-softness".

My 'near new' secondhand PL25 is in the mail and cant wait to get it and give it a try.
Apart from lots of good features I see and see mentioned here I find the light stars from this lens look pretty good.
Don't see them often though........I'm guessing it's hard to leave f/1.4 and crank up to f/14-16 :laugh:

SpecFoto

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim
Hi all, I am interested in buying the PL 25mm f1.4. I understand Ver. II is dust/moisture resistant and has faster AF. Way back in 2013 I bought the Ver I of this lens to use on my EM5, but it rattled like crazy and so did a 2nd copy, which were both returned and I went elsewhere for a 25mm. Matti Sulanto had the only video I found that compared the 2 versions and he has not had any rattling with the Ver. II and said it was most likely limited to Olympus camera's and older models.

I will be using this with my EM1.3. What is the consensus on the new model from the users here?

My 'near new' secondhand PL25 is in the mail and cant wait to get it and give it a try.
Apart from lots of good features I see and see mentioned here I find the light stars from this lens look pretty good.
Don't see them often though........I'm guessing it's hard to leave f/1.4 and crank up to f/14-16 :laugh:
So, yes, my lens arrived and I can answer my own question...it's hard to leave 1.4...apart from the, more than occasional, un-correctable, CA [not in the posted images] which, fortunately vanishes with a couple of stops down.

PA280154dxo4  PL25 WALK 25.jpg
PA280151dxo4  PL25 WALK 24.jpg

jrsilva

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Jaime Silva
Hi all, I am interested in buying the PL 25mm f1.4. I understand Ver. II is dust/moisture resistant and has faster AF. Way back in 2013 I bought the Ver I of this lens to use on my EM5, but it rattled like crazy and so did a 2nd copy, which were both returned and I went elsewhere for a 25mm. Matti Sulanto had the only video I found that compared the 2 versions and he has not had any rattling with the Ver. II and said it was most likely limited to Olympus camera's and older models.

I will be using this with my EM1.3. What is the consensus on the new model from the users here?
I believe the rattle noise is not a camera body or model matter.
It's because of the anti-flicker option feature. There's information on the web about that. I read it somewere and tried it with my PL 25.
Just turn off anti-flicker on the camera menu and the rattle noise goes away.

Starting to like my new PL 25 quite a lot! :thumbup:

fransglans

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Gustav

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom