Showcase Panasonic Leica 12-60mm f/2.8-4.0 DG Vario-Elmarit

BDR-529

Mu-43 Veteran
And the answer to my earlier question "Can you create soap bubble bokeh with Leica 12-60?" is yes-ish.
All you need to do is to shoot directly against the sun at 60mm with relatively low F number and the background must be at exactly the right distance but Trioplan it isn't
It still produces amazingly good contrast and bright colours even when shot directly against afternoon sun.

IMG 10072020_1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

JensM

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
As screename
First shot with the 12-60. I need to shot more.

Gregorius

Mu-43 Rookie
Just got this lens second-hand - goodness, it's wonderful! Had a bit of a battle between the idea of getting 12-35mm, 12-40mm, 12-100mm, but this is a good compromise of flexibility, weight and quality. Especially noticeable are the colours this produces with little effort.

WT21

Super Moderator
For those of you with the lens - would you buy it again now - given all the “unknowns” about the “future of m43” and of course after your experience with the lens, in general?

Gregorius

Mu-43 Rookie
For those of you with the lens - would you buy it again now - given all the “unknowns” about the “future of m43” and of course after your experience with the lens, in general?
Most definitely. It’s light, sharp and renders well, and has a tremendously useful range of focal lengths.

WRay

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ray
Indeed I would keep it! I have completed my return to Panasonic only which was done before Olympus' announcement!

Seahawk

Mu-43 Veteran
I got my Leica 12-60 s/h as well and do not regret it for a minute. The Lumix various version is pretty good for a kit lens but the Leica version is on another level.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom