Panasonic Leaks GH3 Video

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Panasonic leaked a promotional video for the GH3 on YouTube and subsequently removed it, but not before it could be downloaded and mirrored.

The video doesn't contain a lot of information about the GH3 other than the fact that it includes a new 16MP sensor, splash and dust-proof magnesium alloy construction, and improved video capabilities.

Some screen grabs:

7985278139_42705fc2b4.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

7985274863_d51f8c37c0.jpg

7985284638_d58e0bbb71.jpg

via 43 Rumors

BarefootPilgrim

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Bob
While that one may be gone now (1:00 pm CDT in the US)...

This one is still online.....

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi2AShFdCDk]Panasonic GH3 presentation video - YouTube[/ame]

pictor

Mu-43 Top Veteran
This is a very interesting camera indeed and it's most probably my next camera.

Bokeaji

Gonzo's Dad O.*
it looks supa coo!
im excited for the panny fans out there!
oly... i need the wifis in my em5 please...

yekimrd

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mikey
It is one gorgeous piece of equipment and I am very happy for all the loyal Panny body users out there. I will stick to my small-ish OM-D mainly because I need the 5-axis IBIS and would want to be able to maximize lenses (especially the 75/1.8 :) from both parties.

E-M5, P7-14, O12, PL25, O75, O75-300

MU43-guy

Mu-43 Veteran
I'm a staunch fan in the Olympus E-M5, and while I don't plan on giving up my E-M5 for the GH3, I can say that this looks like one solid camera. It even has three control dials and the layout looks excellent on the back.

meyerweb

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
The control layout looks to be very good. Three dials, and it looks like it may have the rocker on top like the G5, too. It also looks like inadvertently hitting buttons (like I do with the WB on the GH2 will be pretty much a thing of the past.

But the pics of the sensor, and the spec (16MP), makes it seem like the multi-aspect sensor is gone. That's a definite bummer. I really like how the 16:9 format on my GH2 makes my wide angles even wider.

Brian style

Mu-43 Regular
That's a good looking camera. I pretty certain it will end up being ridiculously good in the video department, especially once they come up with a hack. :)

ryanlogic

Mu-43 Veteran
I have the OM-D, but this looks nice and I hope it will bring more people to micro four thirds.

If my ship rolls in, maybe this is body #2.

Liamness

Mu-43 Veteran
Too big for my purposes, but some exciting tech which I hope filters down. Hope this isn't the end of multi-aspect. There's a shot of a follow-focus mechanism briefly, but I couldn't tell much about it, even after boosting the blacks. I am wondering if it is an electronically coupled accessory, which would be very big news, it would make focus-by-wire lenses more viable for videography.

incabloc

Mu-43 Top Veteran
usayit said:
I'm excited for Panasonic! Looks to be a sure winner.

I've always been a Lumix fan (mostly their high end P&S) but went Olympus for IBIS for my adapted lenses.

+1

Boyzo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Amazing new Camera :) a must have if you use the GH2 like I do ;-)

emptysensor

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Joe
I'm sure it will be a step forward in overall performance and very good with video, but I don't see the point in something so big in the mu43 stable. Kinda defeats the main advantage of the smaller sensor - a smaller camera. The OMD makes a lot more sense to me, and I've always been a lot more of a Panny fan.

Paul Amyes

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Paul Amyes
Well some of us have hands like bunches of bananas and fint the OM-D a wee bit too small. If it had been the same size as my OM4 it would have been perfect.

I'm sure it will be a step forward in overall performance and very good with video, but I don't see the point in something so big in the mu43 stable. Kinda defeats the main advantage of the smaller sensor - a smaller camera. The OMD makes a lot more sense to me, and I've always been a lot more of a Panny fan.

Latest threads

Top Bottom