Panasonic launches Lumix GX880

Lumix G Experience UK

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Damien Demolder
No, this is a new one. New grip and new selfie features and some other bits. I suspect it has the new menu system too, but I can't confirm that yet as I haven't got to use one. I'm waiting for a sample.

fader

Mu-43 Top Veteran
:laugh1::laugh1::laugh1:

What is it with Instagram and coffee? If you don't post about your cuppa you can't possibly be cool - is that right? I drink decaf so need to keep pretty quiet about that!
IKR?! And it's not even just IGers - all the good photobloggers are guilty as well. As a longtime Seattleite I get coffee obsession and, undoubtedly, I'd commit to doing unsavory things for a cup of Espresso Vivace to teleport to my desk at this very instant. The repetition gets old, but it seems to never go out of style :rolleyes:

Cederic

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Forget coffee, what is it with Panasonic and their miserable inability to provide simple consistent names for their cameras?

I've basically given up trying to keep track now, I'm just looking at Olympus releases because that way I can actually tell what I'm buying.

Forget coffee, what is it with Panasonic and their miserable inability to provide simple consistent names for their cameras?

I've basically given up trying to keep track now, I'm just looking at Olympus releases because that way I can actually tell what I'm buying.

Agreed. I have no idea why Panasonic insists on having slightly different model numbers in different markets. It makes it very confusing.

Saledolce

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I'm not sure it's addressing anything I would like to upgrade on my gx800. I'd like to have a viewfinder, silent shutter mode, a better control wheel under my thumb, IS.

Saledolce

Mu-43 Top Veteran
You already have silent shutter mode - it's called electronic shutter. That's how everybody other camera body these days does it.
I was looking for it in the wrong place (massive Olympus bias in my head) and finally found a "silent mode on" option in the menu. That was a cheap upgrade:)

wjiang

Mu-43 Legend
I was looking for it in the wrong place (massive Olympus bias in my head) and finally found a "silent mode on" option in the menu. That was a cheap upgrade:)
You can also change it via the shutter mode option (I think you can get to it from a Q-menu), you can select between electronic first curtain, electronic (silent), or automatic (electronic first curtain slower than 1/500s, electronic faster than 1/500s).

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom