1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Panasonic launches Lumix GX880

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Lumix G Experience UK, May 16, 2019 at 3:21 AM.

1. Lumix G Experience UK

Lumix G Experience UK Mu-43 Regular

Nov 24, 2017
    Essex, UK
    Damien Demolder
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Isn't this old news? I remember the GF10 from ages ago.

3. Lumix G Experience UK

Nov 24, 2017
    Essex, UK
    Damien Demolder
    No, this is a new one. New grip and new selfie features and some other bits. I suspect it has the new menu system too, but I can't confirm that yet as I haven't got to use one. I'm waiting for a sample.

4. pake

pake Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Finland
    Teemu
    Yes, this it the same one. But the GF10 was only available in Asia and now they made it available elsewhere too.

5. Lumix G Experience UK

Nov 24, 2017
    Essex, UK
    Damien Demolder
    Sorry - stand corrected! It is the GF10.

Seems much less exciting now! :) 

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. That grip does look good though. Would be an improvement on my Sigma 56mm hanging off my GX850 :laugh1:

7. fader

fader Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 20, 2016
    Intermittent Globe Trotter
    Isaac
    GX880 + 25mm pro - the ultimate Instagram rig for espresso:30? :laugh:
    Screenshot from 2019-05-16 12-49-48.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

8. Lumix G Experience UK

Nov 24, 2017
    Essex, UK
    Damien Demolder
    :laugh1::laugh1::laugh1:

What is it with Instagram and coffee? If you don't post about your cuppa you can't possibly be cool - is that right? I drink decaf so need to keep pretty quiet about that!

9. fader

fader Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 20, 2016
    Intermittent Globe Trotter
    Isaac
    IKR?! And it's not even just IGers - all the good photobloggers are guilty as well. As a longtime Seattleite I get coffee obsession and, undoubtedly, I'd commit to doing unsavory things for a cup of Espresso Vivace to teleport to my desk at this very instant. The repetition gets old, but it seems to never go out of style :rolleyes: 

10. Cederic

Cederic Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 14, 2012
    Nottingham
    Forget coffee, what is it with Panasonic and their miserable inability to provide simple consistent names for their cameras?

I've basically given up trying to keep track now, I'm just looking at Olympus releases because that way I can actually tell what I'm buying.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Dec 31, 2012

Agreed. I have no idea why Panasonic insists on having slightly different model numbers in different markets. It makes it very confusing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Saledolce

Saledolce Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Apr 17, 2017
    Italy
    I'm not sure it's addressing anything I would like to upgrade on my gx800. I'd like to have a viewfinder, silent shutter mode, a better control wheel under my thumb, IS.

13. You already have silent shutter mode - it's called electronic shutter. That's how everybody other camera body these days does it.

14. Saledolce

Saledolce Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Apr 17, 2017
    Italy
    I was looking for it in the wrong place (massive Olympus bias in my head) and finally found a "silent mode on" option in the menu. That was a cheap upgrade:) 

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lumix G Experience UK

Nov 24, 2017
    Essex, UK
    Damien Demolder
    The best things in life are those you already had but you didn't realise :) 

• Like Like x 1
  16. You can also change it via the shutter mode option (I think you can get to it from a Q-menu), you can select between electronic first curtain, electronic (silent), or automatic (electronic first curtain slower than 1/500s, electronic faster than 1/500s).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.