Panasonic Instagram Confirmed GX7

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Kenny, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Kenny

Kenny Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2012
    KL Malaysia
    Good news guys, Panasonic Instagram has indirectly confirmed that GX7 is a REAL DEAL in one of their comments. It will be launched next month. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

panasonicusa quote taken from Instagram:
    "GX7 coming soon! Look out for a #Lumix Luminary Road Trip on FB/Lumix next month feat #GX7"

I think it has a high probability that the GX7 will be launched with the new 20mm as its kit lens.

Am I the only one excited about this??!!
  2. lightning

lightning Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2012
    Kerava, Finland
    I am, if the new sensor is significantly better than current G5/G6 sensor.

I have also high hope, that there will be hybrid/phase detection auto focus.
  3. Mijo

Mijo Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 23, 2012
    San Francisco, CA
    I'm excited about this as well, particularly if they sell the GX7 with the new 20mm as a kit. That would be like a sort of head nod to the GF1 20mm kit that got me started on mu4/3.

Having said that though, I'm not going to be an early adopter of the GX7. I bought the GX1 right out of the gate and it left a bitter taste in my mouth watching it fall in price so quickly.
  4. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    That seems pretty direct to me. :wink:
  5. moccaman

moccaman Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 4, 2012
    Does anyone know where the new 20mm lens will be made? Japan made lenses (and bodies) were a big plus in my initial choice of kit.
  6. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    I don't think that matters anymore. Case in point. There are MiJ, Made in Japan, and MiC, Made in China, RX100s. Some people were obsessed with getting a MiJ RX100. On DPR, they would keep buying and returning RX100s until they got a MiJ one. One guy did this 6 or 7 times. The irony is that some RX100s have a dust problem. Bad sensor module sealing. By many accounts, this only happens with Made in Japan RX100s. The Chinese made ones are fine.
  7. xvvvz

xvvvz Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2013
    FWIW, the rumor site has a post (FT4) that the list price for the body only will be a bit more than $1k. It also states there will be a kit option that includes the 20 mm lens.
  8. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    That's now. Give it 6 months.
  9. Mijo

Mijo Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 23, 2012
    San Francisco, CA
    That's exactly what I'm thinking as well, I'm going to wait until at least the first price drop before I pick it up. I'm looking forward to reading what early adopters think of it though.
  10. smiclalef427

smiclalef427 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 14, 2011
    I'm curious, why is the name to be GX7 and not GX2? I remember back in mid 2011, I saw plenty of rumors insisting the GX1 was going to be the GF7.
  11. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    My guess is that since they have the GF6 and G6, people would see GX2 and think it was an older model, or a lower end model if they are used to the Nikon/Canon/Sony consumer model numbers.

Using GX7 they clearly show that it is ahead of the GF6 and G6.

It will be interesting to see how they number the next in the GH line, or if they figure pros don't care.
  12. dav1dz

dav1dz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    I'm curious to the name as well. Seems like GX2 would have been the logical progression. I thought Olympus was crazy with E-M5 too, should've been E-M1.