Panasonic GX8 off camera TTL flash

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by panamike, Jul 9, 2016.

1. panamike

panamike Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 5, 2016
    Lincolnshire UK
    I have done research,on here and elsewhere but ime confused so help would be appreciated.

First following things i read on here i looked for a Canon cable as below
    UK New Godox TL-C Off-Camera Flash Light Speedlite TTL Shoe Cord 3M For Canon

Then the Meike flash.

Now my confusion,the cable looks to have the right connections so is it ok,when i read about the flash it quotes suitable for a few Panasonic cameras including the GX7 but no mention of the GX8.

Some clarification would be appreciated,ime not trying to do it on the cheap but it looks like Panasonic dont do the bits i would need and there flash guns look a bit on the large side.

Many thanks
    Mike

2. bmhome1

bmhome1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2015
    Read the Meike MK320 discussion below. There is model specific for m43 available as with m43 extension cord linked.

I'm very pleased with my MK320 just received. It's really tiny and bounced flash with diffuser gives great natural light TTL on my GX7. The GX8 is too new to get listed as compatible, but Canon versions won't work because of pin depth differences.

3. panamike

panamike Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 5, 2016
    Lincolnshire UK
    Thanks i did read that thread but the cable i found from the link has the pins in the wrong place for the GX8

3M 3 meter TTL Off Camera Cord for OLYMPUS Panasonic

4. bmhome1

bmhome1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2015
  5. panamike

panamike Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 5, 2016
    Lincolnshire UK
    Thanks again,think i have it clear in my mind,just run it past you.
    If i order this cable although the pins are not the same it should work.
    3M 3 meter TTL Off Camera Cord for OLYMPUS Panasonic

Then this flash (cheaper if i can find it)
    UK NEW Meike MK-320 TTL LCD Flash Speedlite for Panasonic Olympus Leica Pentax

So if the extra pin is not needed and the worse happens i think you are saying i could suffer the price and use the Olympus TTL cable ?

6. bmhome1

bmhome1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2015
    I ordered the same extension cable and expect it to work properly. Your GX8 should work also, the m43 flash contacts are standardized specs.

I'll report back when received and you should do also to add to database here.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bmhome1

bmhome1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2015
    I received the m43 flash extension cable and it works perfectly with Meike 320 TTL on GX7.

8. panamike

panamike Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 5, 2016
    Lincolnshire UK
    Thanks,will order mine today.