Panasonic GX7 reduced to $399 on RobertsCamera Ebay Store!

WT21

Super Moderator
I can't speak to much about FF competition (or at least, I have no interest to comment), but on it's own merits, a $400 GX7 is a sweet deal. My favorite m43 body to date, and a nice array of lenses to use it with :)

TucsonLawrence

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Lawrence Richards
ah-ha... but those of us that got the B&H deal now get to justify our $1000 lens purchase because of a $100 gift card... take that!

Seriously though, nice deal

Lawrence

clockwork247

Mu-43 Regular
I'm not sure the GX7 is in direct competition with a $1700 body. It's like saying that Canon T5i sales are in trouble because Nikon just came out with the D750...
Introduction price: $999 in the US (body only).

This is probably the 2nd most expensive panasonic body at it's time? behind the GH3/4?

The A7II is sitting right at the 2nd most expensive body for the sony E lineup.

yes I don't think i can compare prices of m4/3 camera VS FF camera, and I think everyone else would agree too.

There is a close relationship between these 2 cameras in the 2 lineup.

the T5i sales aren't in trouble, in fact canon won't have any problems pushing their camera, I can't say the same for the m4/3 and panasonic. I own panasonic/olympus m4/3 camera, and even I have to say the future it's too bright.

clockwork247

Mu-43 Regular
I think the problem is not so much the A7II being a threat, but the fact that mirrorless FF bodies are starting trickle down in price and that competes with the high end M43/APS-C cameras. I think where Olympus and Panasonic is in the sub-$1000 USD range, where I think M43 can really leverage their size/price/lens advantage over APS-C.
the m4/3 world lost alot of the size advantage when the NEX line came out, the initial NEX line was unrefined and clumsy, but they have involved after a few years. The nature of m4/3 at the end of the day can only be use with native lens, slapping a FF MF lens on these camera defeats many purposes, and doesn't work very well. And I will say that native m4/3 lens is hugely over priced. One of the reason why I never really gone too deep into the system. This GX-7 is at a great price, I'd put it at the same great deal as the NEX-6 with kit lens for 400. But there's a reason why those cameras was heavily discounted.

Halaking

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Morris
I just saw the GX7 body only out of stock at B&H, it also listed as "DISCONTINUED", maybe there is a GX8 coming soon.

tg9413

Mu-43 Regular
Likely closing out inventory before next model after GX7. Couldn't resist this price, so now I have it and an Oly E-M10. Also, assuming Roberts only deals with USA models, plan to use the Panasonic extra year warranty form with box UPC code after trying the camera out. ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/camera/warranty/2014_lumix_extended_warranty_offer_warranty.pdf ,
Will that the rebate form works with the black body? Here is the listed model for GX7 on the rebate

DMC-GX7KK -- black with 14-42mm
DMC-GX7KS -- silver with 14-42mm
DMC-GX7SBODY -- silver body
DMC-GX7CSP -- silver with 20mm

Anyone talked to Panasonic regarding this?

I can't even find the black body only model # from anywhere :x

Canonista

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Will that the rebate form works with the black body? Here is the listed model for GX7 on the rebate

From what I understand, the black body was never offered other than as a kit here in the U.S.

My guess is that they either removed the kit lens and sold that separately, or this may be a Canada unit, in which case it doesn't quality under this program.

I should be getting mine next week, so we'll see. The ad did say that camera comes with a 1 year mfr warranty.

P.S. I bought using my AMEX card, so I automatically get a 2 year warranty.

iamwhoiam

Mu-43 Regular

I didn't look at the specifics of the rebate form but I am assuming that if the camera model is not listed on the form then it is not included in the rebate. Most credit cards double the manufacturer's warranty so if you purchased with a cc that offers that benefit then you get a 2 year warranty....one year would be directly through manufacturer and the 2nd year you would have to deal w/ the cc company.

I did see the black body only for sale but not recently.

Roberts Camera is listed on the rebate form so purchases from them should be acceptable but not sure if that is the case if you purchase via the ebay store or w/ the black body. It's probably worth it to contact Panasonic regarding this.

budeny

Mu-43 All-Pro

Turbofrog

Mu-43 Legend
GONE!!!
(exhaling) that was really hard not to pull a buy trigger on this one!

Roberts camera also selling 14-42mm lenses and those are: 100% NEW product, removed from kits - ships in brown-box bulk packaging
, so may be these bodies are good for rebate as a kits

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-H-FS1442A-Lumix-G-Vario-14-42mm-f3-5-5-6-II-Lens-14-42-3-5-5-6-/141513221946?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item20f2d8673a
I had felt a bit bad that I missed out on the B&H $100 gift card deal, figuring I wouldn't see anything like that again for many months, so I'm glad I had one last chance to get a cheap GX7. No surprise that it's sold out. Looks like they blew out their inventory of about 65 GX7s in a little over 2 days...

ronk

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Ron
I didn't look at the specifics of the rebate form but I am assuming that if the camera model is not listed on the form then it is not included in the rebate. Most credit cards double the manufacturer's warranty so if you purchased with a cc that offers that benefit then you get a 2 year warranty....one year would be directly through manufacturer and the 2nd year you would have to deal w/ the cc company.

I did see the black body only for sale but not recently.

Roberts Camera is listed on the rebate form so purchases from them should be acceptable but not sure if that is the case if you purchase via the ebay store or w/ the black body. It's probably worth it to contact Panasonic regarding this.
Even though a black one, the item description and detailed information on the eBay listing indicated DMC-GX7SBODY, and from Roberts Camera, both of which are on the list....so forwarding that information to Panasonic might work. If the black body not sold that way in USA, then Roberts picked the closest description from eBay. However, paypal detail (as a receipt) indicates the item title, which indicates black. Also, the serial number, and the UPC code, which has to be cutout and sent in, along with the receipt, would likely indicate black to Panasonic. Maybe Panasonic will honor anyway. Don't know, will fill out and submit, nothing to lose. If, on the other hand, it is a non-USA model, then all bets are off and I won't bother. I may ask Roberts Camera if it's USA, and if so, then ask Panasonic directly.

Turbofrog

Mu-43 Legend
If it is in fact a Black Body Only model, I would be absolutely thrilled if that meant that it happened to be a Canadian model so that I could actually get a warranty up here. What a great surprise that would be on top of the great price.

RDM

Mu-43 All-Pro
This price is amazing, however I cant bring myself to get one because its not in silver .... I like my GH2 and don't feel the need to go get another camera right now, However ever since i seen the GX7in silver, I thought if the price ever came down enough I would get one of those.

ronk

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Ron
Even though a black one, the item description and detailed information on the eBay listing indicated DMC-GX7SBODY, and from Roberts Camera, both of which are on the list....so forwarding that information to Panasonic might work. If the black body not sold that way in USA, then Roberts picked the closest description from eBay. However, paypal detail (as a receipt) indicates the item title, which indicates black. Also, the serial number, and the UPC code, which has to be cutout and sent in, along with the receipt, would likely indicate black to Panasonic. Maybe Panasonic will honor anyway. Don't know, will fill out and submit, nothing to lose. If, on the other hand, it is a non-USA model, then all bets are off and I won't bother. I may ask Roberts Camera if it's USA, and if so, then ask Panasonic directly.
Update 12-23-15: As to the Panasonic Holiday bonus extended warranty eligibility, I checked with Roberts Camera before delivery of the GX7, and this was their reply:

"It is a US model but unfortunately it doesn't qualify for the double warranty promotion. According to the list of items you sent, the black body doesn't qualify. Only the silver body only qualifies."
Next I will check with Panasonic directly to see if they will still accept it perhaps.

rjl1246

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Robert Lietz
Hello,

I just checked and the GX7 in black is back on eBay with eight available, if anyone is still interested in picking one up this round.

Robert

DigitalD

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
David
Update 12-23-15: As to the Panasonic Holiday bonus extended warranty eligibility, I checked with Roberts Camera before delivery of the GX7, and this was their reply:

"It is a US model but unfortunately it doesn't qualify for the double warranty promotion. According to the list of items you sent, the black body doesn't qualify. Only the silver body only qualifies."
Next I will check with Panasonic directly to see if they will still accept it perhaps.
Thank you for checking on this. And yes please follow up and let us know!! Thx!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom