Panasonic GX7 reduced to $399 on RobertsCamera Ebay Store!

DigitalD

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
David

Jonathan F/2

Mu-43 Legend
If you guys could buy an E-M10 for $399 which would you guys pick? I might have an opportunity to get one at that price brand new, but this GX7 deal is still very juicy! Basically it would be the GX7's RF form factor, 1/8000 shutter and silent shutter versus the E-M10's 3-axis IBIS and Olympus processing (which I love). I already have an E-M10, but would love to have another complimentary body. Though the E-M10/GX7 combo would give a bit more versatility to the combo, at the expense of battery compatibility (mainly a travel issue) and different post processing to the images.

gearcrasher

New to Mu-43
I would have gotten the E-M10 for the same price just out of brand loyalty. (Even thought that loyalty had been on a 25 year hiatus from an OM-2 till an Epm1). My GX7 has already shipped but shows shipping from "UsedcameraPro" so hope it really is new as listed by Roberts.

Serhan

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Having the same body and batteries have advantages. I don't have EM10 but I have own(ed)/use(d) most of Oly line and prefer to use gm1/gx7... One reason is silent shutter which gives me no shutter shock+noise and the other is GX7 has -4EV low light af. I like rf bodies to use (no nose in lcd) and they fit better in the bags though gx7 felt a little awkard in my hand eg comparison to Sony nex/A6000 bodies with grip... Silent shutter compensates the IBIS adv of Oly but then it has its own issues with fast moving objects and light but I didn't see it in my normal use (third series was most probably with mech shutter, but I am sure first 2 were e-shutter):
https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=53131&page=8&p=535192#post535192
https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=53131&page=20&p=566031#post566031
https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=53131&page=44&p=628657#post628657

If you guys could buy an E-M10 for $399 which would you guys pick? I might have an opportunity to get one at that price brand new, but this GX7 deal is still very juicy! Basically it would be the GX7's RF form factor, 1/8000 shutter and silent shutter versus the E-M10's 3-axis IBIS and Olympus processing (which I love). I already have an E-M10, but would love to have another complimentary body. Though the E-M10/GX7 combo would give a bit more versatility to the combo, at the expense of battery compatibility (mainly a travel issue) and different post processing to the images.

Turbofrog

Mu-43 Legend
Ahhh...this is an incredibly good deal. Even with taxes and shipping and import duties to Canada, it's going to end up about the same price as a local used one, but it's new...so tempted.

I should really just buy it because I don't know when I'll see another deal this good. But...ugh...

Turbofrog

Mu-43 Legend
I was convinced I was going to get the E-M10 when it was released, but couldn't bond with it, whereas the GX7 sold me quickly. I also really liked the E-M1, though, but it's out of the budget.

It feels a lot like when I got my GX1. Going into the store I was sure I was going to get a NEX-3N or an E-PM2 since they're both "better cameras," but the GX1's handling charmed me thoroughly even though it cost more and had an older sensor. I think the GX7 is doing the same to me now...

DigitalD

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
David
I was convinced I was going to get the E-M10 when it was released, but couldn't bond with it, whereas the GX7 sold me quickly. I also really liked the E-M1, though, but it's out of the budget.

It feels a lot like when I got my GX1. Going into the store I was sure I was going to get a NEX-3N or an E-PM2 since they're both "better cameras," but the GX1's handling charmed me thoroughly even though it cost more and had an older sensor. I think the GX7 is doing the same to me now...
Isn't that interesting. I felt the same way about the em10. I talked my father in law into getting one and we I was not crazy about it. He was though. I hope I like the gx7. I love my em1 but really like the rf body style and looking forward to getting something different from the panny sensor.

Halaking

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Morris
I would have gotten the E-M10 for the same price just out of brand loyalty. (Even thought that loyalty had been on a 25 year hiatus from an OM-2 till an Epm1). My GX7 has already shipped but shows shipping from "UsedcameraPro" so hope it really is new as listed by Roberts.
You can always go to your Paypal transaction page, it has detail item description, purchase date and seller's information, like website address, company name and phone number, it can prove your purchase from Robert camera.

Turbofrog

Mu-43 Legend
Well...I just bought one, lack of Canadian warranty notwithstanding. I can't imagine the price for such a good camera falling much lower than this.

Thanks so much for posting the deal, and shame on you at the same time for enabling my GAS, haha. But I think this camera will have a long lifespan in my hands...

clockwork247

Mu-43 Regular
I wonder what new is coming from Pany. Those recent GX7 deals looks like fire sales..

with the A7II hitting the market now and in the near future, the market for m4/3 is shrinking quick. Plus with the slew of cameras hitting the market daily, this doesn't come as a surprise.

Turbofrog

Mu-43 Legend
with the A7II hitting the market now and in the near future, the market for m4/3 is shrinking quick. Plus with the slew of cameras hitting the market daily, this doesn't come as a surprise.
I'm not sure the GX7 is in direct competition with a $1700 body. It's like saying that Canon T5i sales are in trouble because Nikon just came out with the D750...

Jonathan F/2

Mu-43 Legend
I'm not sure the GX7 is in direct competition with a $1700 body. It's like saying that Canon T5i sales are in trouble because Nikon just came out with the D750...
I think the problem is not so much the A7II being a threat, but the fact that mirrorless FF bodies are starting trickle down in price and that competes with the high end M43/APS-C cameras. I think where Olympus and Panasonic should focus on is in the sub-$1000 USD range, where M43 can really leverage their size/price/lens advantage over APS-C.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom