Panasonic GX7 Price Drop

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Amin Sabet, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Repp

Repp Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Seoul, South Korea
    I can't choose between the black and silver two tone... bah!

2. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    Why did you share this Amin?

Not ready to drop the cash right now. But maybe you will sell me your e-pm2, since you don't seem to need it any longer....

3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    I just bought one within the last couple of weeks. Hopefully B&H will give me the lower price retro-actively since I'm still well within the return period...

As much as I like the black one, I had to go with silver. I have both black and silver lenses and the silver body looks good with either, but the silver lenses on a black body just look goofy to me...

-Ray

4. kschles

kschles Mu-43 Regular

Jul 3, 2010
    Laurel, MD; USA
    Ken
    That did it for me. I've been planning on getting the GX7 for awhile, and I have some B&H gift cards. Since I have the Panny 14-45, wasn't planning on getting the 14-42 II lens, but now the kit lens is only $50 more, I couldn't resist.

5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    The P14-45 still has very good resale value so if you decide the 14-42 II is up to your standards, that'll be some more money back in your pocket.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mu-43 mobile app

6. kschles

kschles Mu-43 Regular

Jul 3, 2010
    Laurel, MD; USA
    Ken
    I don't think I could ever part with the 14-45. It's been great ever since I got it on my first m 4/3 camera (GF1). The reason I wanted the 14-42 is I've read how small and light it is, and that the IQ isn't too bad. For $50 I figured it was worth it.

7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I hear you, the 14-45 resale value is well deserved!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mu-43 mobile app

8. MadMan

MadMan Mu-43 Regular

Mar 27, 2013
  9. Asha

Asha New to Mu-43

Jul 7, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Samy's has the kit for $848, plus this weekend was "tax free" in-store. I only just bought it last weekend, so they allowed me to return and repurchase for the lower price.

Side note, it seems strange that Panasonic just had a $100 reduction after a $100 rebate, and now a week later a larger rebate. Having said that, I think everyone was gearing up for Black Thursday this weekend, to capture some Xmas shopping $$.

10. Rich M

Rich M Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    That's why I sold all my silver lenses :smile:

I went with the black body.

I must be uber-conservative. I don't think I've ever owned a black 'n silver camera body.

R

11. Minyanzhu

Minyanzhu  

Dec 15, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.