Panasonic GX7 Price Drop

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Amin Sabet, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Repp

Repp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    I can't choose between the black and silver two tone... bah!

2. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    Why did you share this Amin?

Not ready to drop the cash right now. But maybe you will sell me your e-pm2, since you don't seem to need it any longer....

3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    I just bought one within the last couple of weeks. Hopefully B&H will give me the lower price retro-actively since I'm still well within the return period...

As much as I like the black one, I had to go with silver. I have both black and silver lenses and the silver body looks good with either, but the silver lenses on a black body just look goofy to me...

-Ray

4. kschles

kschles Mu-43 Regular

Jul 3, 2010
    Laurel, MD; USA
    Ken
    That did it for me. I've been planning on getting the GX7 for awhile, and I have some B&H gift cards. Since I have the Panny 14-45, wasn't planning on getting the 14-42 II lens, but now the kit lens is only $50 more, I couldn't resist.

5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    The P14-45 still has very good resale value so if you decide the 14-42 II is up to your standards, that'll be some more money back in your pocket.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mu-43 mobile app

6. kschles

kschles Mu-43 Regular

Jul 3, 2010
    Laurel, MD; USA
    Ken
    I don't think I could ever part with the 14-45. It's been great ever since I got it on my first m 4/3 camera (GF1). The reason I wanted the 14-42 is I've read how small and light it is, and that the IQ isn't too bad. For $50 I figured it was worth it.

7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I hear you, the 14-45 resale value is well deserved!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mu-43 mobile app

8. MadMan

MadMan Mu-43 Regular

Mar 27, 2013
  9. Asha

Asha New to Mu-43

Jul 7, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Samy's has the kit for $848, plus this weekend was "tax free" in-store. I only just bought it last weekend, so they allowed me to return and repurchase for the lower price.

Side note, it seems strange that Panasonic just had a $100 reduction after a $100 rebate, and now a week later a larger rebate. Having said that, I think everyone was gearing up for Black Thursday this weekend, to capture some Xmas shopping $$.

10. Rich M

Rich M Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    That's why I sold all my silver lenses :smile:

I went with the black body.

I must be uber-conservative. I don't think I've ever owned a black 'n silver camera body.

R

11. Minyanzhu

Minyanzhu  

Dec 15, 2013