1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Panasonic GX7 not recognizing memory card

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Jblk9695, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Jblk9695

Jblk9695 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 2, 2012
    San Bernardino, CA
    My GX7 which I had returned after selling on Ebay due to it not recognizing the memory card. It was working before I shipped it and I don't think the buyer is responsable for the problem.
    I have tried all the memory cards that had worked before with no luck, used a freshly charged OEM battery and did a reset of the camera also with no luck. The display shows "no memory card" or "reinsert card" and if you try and take a photo it shows the no memory card message.
    Any way I can fix the problem or is this a send it in and hope for the best.
    Thanks for any info.

Jerry

2. b_rubenstein

b_rubenstein Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 20, 2012
    Melbourne, FL
    Since you've already tried multiple known good cards in the camera, it's a camera problem. It sounds like either the contacts in the card slot are not making contact with the card, or something is not working in the camera. You can shine a light into the card slot and see if there is anything foreign in there and try and extract it.

3. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

You say it was working when you last had it & you don't think it is buyers fault, but maybe it is. I also suggest shining a light into the slot to see it there may be something that shouldn't be there.

4. xvvvz

xvvvz Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2013
    Maybe the buyer jammed his memory card the wrong way into the slot and messed up the contacts? I would definitely do as the others suggested and use a flashlight to see if you can see anything foreign down in there.