Panasonic GX7 not recognizing memory card

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Jblk9695, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Jblk9695

Jblk9695 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 2, 2012
    San Bernardino, CA
    My GX7 which I had returned after selling on Ebay due to it not recognizing the memory card. It was working before I shipped it and I don't think the buyer is responsable for the problem.
    I have tried all the memory cards that had worked before with no luck, used a freshly charged OEM battery and did a reset of the camera also with no luck. The display shows "no memory card" or "reinsert card" and if you try and take a photo it shows the no memory card message.
    Any way I can fix the problem or is this a send it in and hope for the best.
    Thanks for any info.

2. b_rubenstein

b_rubenstein Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 20, 2012
    Melbourne, FL
    Since you've already tried multiple known good cards in the camera, it's a camera problem. It sounds like either the contacts in the card slot are not making contact with the card, or something is not working in the camera. You can shine a light into the card slot and see if there is anything foreign in there and try and extract it.
  3. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 20, 2012
    Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
    You say it was working when you last had it & you don't think it is buyers fault, but maybe it is. I also suggest shining a light into the slot to see it there may be something that shouldn't be there.
  4. xvvvz

xvvvz Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2013
    Maybe the buyer jammed his memory card the wrong way into the slot and messed up the contacts? I would definitely do as the others suggested and use a flashlight to see if you can see anything foreign down in there.