1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Panasonic GX7 LCD brightness & color setting

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by CX5, Dec 14, 2013.

1. CX5

CX5 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2013
    Hi,

I am wondering if some one can share the brightness and color setting for the back LCD on Panasonic GX7.
    My computer is old and I am unable to determine that is the proper setting. When I push play back, the rear LCD brightens up and could not tell if real photo is over exposed or not.

Please help, thank you

2. leftnose

leftnose Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2013
    Any reason why you don't use the histogram to judge the exposure of the photo?

3. CX5

CX5 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2013
    I was mainly concerned with the photo with flash but you can not tell before you shoot for flash photos. Also I only know basic about histogram. If I can set both lcd and view finder brightness and colour it is easier to view. Wondering what others have used for the setting. Thank you for asking.

4. leftnose

leftnose Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2013
    The histogram is still the answer to your question. Pull it up when you're reviewing the image and it'll tell you all you need to know about exposure.

Really, the histogram is one of the most useful tools available to digital photographers both a live histogram and the one available when reviewing images. Extremely useful for post processing as well. Learn how to read a histogram like the back of your hand.

5. CX5

CX5 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2013
    P1000250 flash ev0.jpg

Thank you so much. Can some one tell me how much is this photo attached using built in flash is over exposed? Is over exposure when flash exposure compensation is set to 0 is normal?

Appreciate.

Thank you

6. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    There is another mu-43 thread running that might help: https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=57031&p=569761#post569761

Your photo above does not look overexposed to me.

General tip: with flash photos using on-camera direct flash, the exposure can only be right for one distance from the camera. It is easy to get flash photos that look badly exposed because you have parts of the scene much closer (looking over exposed) and much further (looking too dark) from the camera, compared to the one distance that is correctly exposed.

The easy solution is to line up all the important parts of the photo at the same distance from the camera, and don't have any obvious foreground elements much closer, as they will overexpose. There are many other solutions (flash photography is a whole topic of study and practice), but that is my easy tip.

Hope this helps.