Panasonic GX7 JB Grip - Anyone using?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by rrobinson, Jul 3, 2014.

1. rrobinson

rrobinson Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2011
    I have been thinking about buying the new JB Grip for my GX7. Does anyone use this grip? How do you like it? Any other recommendations?

Thanks!

2. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    It looks like a base more than a grip. What is the appeal of it to you?

--Ken

3. rrobinson

rrobinson Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2011
    Ken:

I am just looking for a grip or base to improve the ergonomics of the camera. I use JB grips (not wood) on my E-M1 and E-M5 and love them. I am looking for opinions on the JB grip for the GX7. Or other alternatives.

Rick

4. Replytoken

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    I have the E-M1 and E-M5, and my good friend has a GX-7. Of the three, I can see using something with the E-M5 if you find it to be too small a body. But both the E-M1 and the GX-7 have really nice, full grips, IMHO. I almost bought a GX-7 last year when they were selling for $750 new because it had such great ergonomics (in addition to a whole host of other features). Are you finding the GX-7 that uncomfortable?

--Ken

5. rrobinson

rrobinson Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2011
    No, just seeing if I could make it even better. I might add a Thumbs Up, also.

6. Replytoken

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    I wish you luck. For my hands, the stock GX-7 was one of the best fitting cameras short of my beloved D300, and it is a whole lot lighter and more compact.

--Ken