1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Panasonic GX7 JB Grip - Anyone using?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by rrobinson, Jul 3, 2014.

1. rrobinson

rrobinson Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2011
    I have been thinking about buying the new JB Grip for my GX7. Does anyone use this grip? How do you like it? Any other recommendations?

Thanks!

2. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    It looks like a base more than a grip. What is the appeal of it to you?

--Ken

3. rrobinson

rrobinson Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2011
    Ken:

I am just looking for a grip or base to improve the ergonomics of the camera. I use JB grips (not wood) on my E-M1 and E-M5 and love them. I am looking for opinions on the JB grip for the GX7. Or other alternatives.

Rick

4. Replytoken

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    I have the E-M1 and E-M5, and my good friend has a GX-7. Of the three, I can see using something with the E-M5 if you find it to be too small a body. But both the E-M1 and the GX-7 have really nice, full grips, IMHO. I almost bought a GX-7 last year when they were selling for $750 new because it had such great ergonomics (in addition to a whole host of other features). Are you finding the GX-7 that uncomfortable?

--Ken

5. rrobinson

rrobinson Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2011
    No, just seeing if I could make it even better. I might add a Thumbs Up, also.

6. Replytoken

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    I wish you luck. For my hands, the stock GX-7 was one of the best fitting cameras short of my beloved D300, and it is a whole lot lighter and more compact.

--Ken

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.