1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Panasonic GX7 black body only $609.95

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by jonbrisbincreative, Apr 30, 2014.

1. jonbrisbincreative

jonbrisbincreative Mu-43 Regular

Mar 30, 2014
    This seems like an insanely good deal. Anyone had experience with this seller? Take a chance on it?

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7

I'm considering making the jump and this seems like a good way to save some money to put toward some lenses.

2. marcelolopezjr

marcelolopezjr Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 27, 2014
    South Florida
    ML
    I'm......almost...tempted...but I just ordered the 12-40 Oly Pro lens.......Grrrr....never.... enough..... $$$....for.....equipment!

3. Search

Search Mu-43 Regular

Mar 23, 2014
    It might be a grey market camera. I think I saw a post about 6 ave or sunset selling the Japanese version. The difference is that Panasonic USA will not honor the warranty. You will probably have to send the camera to Japan if it breaks.

However, that is a great price!

4. sLindbergh

sLindbergh Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2014
    LI, New York
    S. Lindbergh
    Yea I just ordered one from 6Ave with a battery kit for $620, it arrives later tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

5. Search

Search Mu-43 Regular

Mar 23, 2014
    I will be looking forward to hearing how it goes!

6. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    Yes please let us know. Sometimes legitimate camera dealers temporarily sell at near cost. Like last winter between Thanksgiving and Xmas Samys camera in Los Angeles had a brief sale on GH3's for the insanely low price of $699.00 !!

7. spdavies

spdavies Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Hawaii
    Stephen
    Also, if it matters to you - there may be a PAL vs NTFS video issue involved if it is from Asia. Don't know, just suggesting.
    A friend bought a camera from Asia and that was the case with her.

8. poopstick

poopstick Mu-43 Regular

Aug 9, 2013
    Burlington Ontario
    Japan uses NTSC. So no problem there.

9. cd23murray

cd23murray Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2012
    North Carolina
    Got mine

I bought this same package and got it yesterday. I'm not sure if it is grey market or not, but it is NTSC and one of the packaged manuals is in english.

I'm satisfied, everything looked new and works fine.

The only problem is after playing with it, I think I might prefer the e-m10 as a backup to the gx7. Anybody with a e-m10 want to trade? :smile:

10. MaK543

MaK543 Mu-43 Regular

May 1, 2012
    MD USA
    i got my GX7 from 6Ave. It was Canadian version. There's no Panasonic warranty anyway because they took out the warranty card. However, 6Ave does provide 1 year coverage themselves. On the back of GX7 manual, you can find out where the camera was originally released. Mine says Panasonic Canada.

Anyway, pretty much everything sold by 6ave is grey market. Don't ever buy grey market Nikon because Nikon USA service center would not fix them. Canon and Fujifilm service center do fix grey markets, but you have to pay regular rate.

• Like Like x 1
  11. sLindbergh

sLindbergh Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2014
    LI, New York
    S. Lindbergh
    Thanks for that info! I'm still waiting on my delivery, grey market or not I'm still very excited to get my hands on it. It'll be the first camera that I've personally bought since my Canon 40D back in 07.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

12. pcnyc

pcnyc Mu-43 Regular

Sep 15, 2010
    I think Panasonic and Sony lock their Japanese version with Japanese menu that cannot be changed to another language. something to keep in mind.

13. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    That's a very tempting price!

14. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

However, on the Panasonic G, GF and GH bodies, with the PTools Hack, you can change the menu to another language. I don't know if the PTools work on the GX.

15. Search

Search Mu-43 Regular

Mar 23, 2014
    Delivery eta

When do you expect delivery?

16. sLindbergh

sLindbergh Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2014
    LI, New York
    S. Lindbergh
    I actually received it this evening. I'm going to be uploading some of the photos that I've taken with adapted lenses since I didn't buy any native ones.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  17. tlovegrove

tlovegrove Mu-43 Regular

Mar 3, 2014
    Southern California
    Tim
    Got a GX7 black body only from 6ave delivered today. Every indication is that it is a USA model, was in the original box (not split from a kit), the Serial Number on the camera matched the box, English menus, NTSC.

It seemed to register fine on the Panasonic site, though I suppose there is a chance they wouldn't honor it if I tried to make a warranty claim. 6ave does claim to include a one year warranty of their own, though I don't know how well that would work.

I got a 6ave package that was supposed to include an extra battery, memory card, and case. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the 16GB SD card is Sandisk Ultra, Bower battery, and Vivitar case. I was expecting no-name knock-offs.

Overall, I'm quite pleased.

Tim

18. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Fantastic... That's how I started into this system. A couple years later I picked up a kit lens for the occasional lazy shooting days and the benefit of the wide end.
    I still mostly shoot with legacy glass.
    What legacy lenses/mounts are you using?

19. Search

Search Mu-43 Regular

Mar 23, 2014
    Can you tell if it is a Canadian, Japanese or USA version?

PS I spend part of the year in Asia. I might actually be better off with a Japanese version. Unfortunately, I believe that my credit cards will not double my warranty on the Japanese version purchased via eBay.

Enjoy your new camera!

PS Still debating between the gx7 and waiting for a refurbished m10.

20. Search

Search Mu-43 Regular

Mar 23, 2014
    How did you determine that it was a Canadian version?