Panasonic GX7 black body only $609.95

jonbrisbincreative

Mu-43 Regular
This seems like an insanely good deal. Anyone had experience with this seller? Take a chance on it?

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7

I'm considering making the jump and this seems like a good way to save some money to put toward some lenses.

marcelolopezjr

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
ML
I'm......almost...tempted...but I just ordered the 12-40 Oly Pro lens.......Grrrr....never.... enough..... $$$....for.....equipment!

Search

Mu-43 Regular
It might be a grey market camera. I think I saw a post about 6 ave or sunset selling the Japanese version. The difference is that Panasonic USA will not honor the warranty. You will probably have to send the camera to Japan if it breaks.

However, that is a great price!

sLindbergh

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
S. Lindbergh
Yea I just ordered one from 6Ave with a battery kit for $620, it arrives later tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

M4/3

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Yes please let us know. Sometimes legitimate camera dealers temporarily sell at near cost. Like last winter between Thanksgiving and Xmas Samys camera in Los Angeles had a brief sale on GH3's for the insanely low price of $699.00 !!

spdavies

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stephen
Also, if it matters to you - there may be a PAL vs NTFS video issue involved if it is from Asia. Don't know, just suggesting.
A friend bought a camera from Asia and that was the case with her.

cd23murray

Mu-43 Regular
Got mine

Yea I just ordered one from 6Ave with a battery kit for $620, it arrives later tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.
I bought this same package and got it yesterday. I'm not sure if it is grey market or not, but it is NTSC and one of the packaged manuals is in english.

I'm satisfied, everything looked new and works fine.

The only problem is after playing with it, I think I might prefer the e-m10 as a backup to the gx7. Anybody with a e-m10 want to trade? :smile:

MaK543

Mu-43 Regular
i got my GX7 from 6Ave. It was Canadian version. There's no Panasonic warranty anyway because they took out the warranty card. However, 6Ave does provide 1 year coverage themselves. On the back of GX7 manual, you can find out where the camera was originally released. Mine says Panasonic Canada.

Anyway, pretty much everything sold by 6ave is grey market. Don't ever buy grey market Nikon because Nikon USA service center would not fix them. Canon and Fujifilm service center do fix grey markets, but you have to pay regular rate.

sLindbergh

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
S. Lindbergh
i got my GX7 from 6Ave. It was Canadian version. There's no Panasonic warranty anyway because they took out the warranty card. However, 6Ave does provide 1 year coverage themselves. On the back of GX7 manual, you can find out where the camera was originally released. Mine says Panasonic Canada.

Anyway, pretty much everything sold by 6ave is grey market. Don't ever buy grey market Nikon because Nikon USA service center would not fix them. Canon and Fujifilm service center do fix grey markets, but you have to pay regular rate.
Thanks for that info! I'm still waiting on my delivery, grey market or not I'm still very excited to get my hands on it. It'll be the first camera that I've personally bought since my Canon 40D back in 07.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

RDM

Mu-43 All-Pro
I think Panasonic and Sony lock their Japanese version with Japanese menu that cannot be changed to another language. something to keep in mind.
However, on the Panasonic G, GF and GH bodies, with the PTools Hack, you can change the menu to another language. I don't know if the PTools work on the GX.

Search

Mu-43 Regular
Delivery eta

Thanks for that info! I'm still waiting on my delivery, grey market or not I'm still very excited to get my hands on it. It'll be the first camera that I've personally bought since my Canon 40D back in 07.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
When do you expect delivery?

tlovegrove

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Tim
Got a GX7 black body only from 6ave delivered today. Every indication is that it is a USA model, was in the original box (not split from a kit), the Serial Number on the camera matched the box, English menus, NTSC.

It seemed to register fine on the Panasonic site, though I suppose there is a chance they wouldn't honor it if I tried to make a warranty claim. 6ave does claim to include a one year warranty of their own, though I don't know how well that would work.

I got a 6ave package that was supposed to include an extra battery, memory card, and case. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the 16GB SD card is Sandisk Ultra, Bower battery, and Vivitar case. I was expecting no-name knock-offs.

Overall, I'm quite pleased.

Tim

RDM

Mu-43 All-Pro
I actually received it this evening. I'm going to be uploading some of the photos that I've taken with adapted lenses since I didn't buy any native ones.
Fantastic... That's how I started into this system. A couple years later I picked up a kit lens for the occasional lazy shooting days and the benefit of the wide end.
I still mostly shoot with legacy glass.
What legacy lenses/mounts are you using?

Search

Mu-43 Regular
Can you tell if it is a Canadian, Japanese or USA version?

PS I spend part of the year in Asia. I might actually be better off with a Japanese version. Unfortunately, I believe that my credit cards will not double my warranty on the Japanese version purchased via eBay.

Enjoy your new camera!

PS Still debating between the gx7 and waiting for a refurbished m10.

Search

Mu-43 Regular

How did you determine that it was a Canadian version?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom