1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Panasonic GX1 Resource Mission

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Streetshooter, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Let's try to make this thread the Universal, All In One, Resourse for the GX1.
    Please add to the thread any thoughts, findings, bugs, fixes, wants, needs, desires and tips ect.

Here's a few things that need resolution. It may never happen.

The focus scale shows a flower and a mountain. Very uh, uh who knows what they are thinking about this?
    Without a distance scale, it's not easy to set Hyper Focal or and precise zone.

The AEL/AF button when set to AF and you use the lock, it looses the distance after every exposure. Memory loss. So this sends us to MF that works well but distance is a guesstimating.

I hope there is enough interest in this camera and it's users to keep this thread alive and growing.
    Don

• Like Like x 6
  2. smiclalef427

smiclalef427 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 14, 2011
    I think the pictograms they use here are very similar to the ones that Panasonic and other manufacturers use for focus scale flower=close and mountain=infinity (some put that on the zoom lever to signify wide/tele)

3. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Great idea Don.

I'm in.

4. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Thanks for joining up.
    So I was shooting the other day on the street and I saw part of my mind out there. It told me that with focus by wire, we can't get a scale. I forgot that. I now remember working out distances on my body to get a close range.

My other issue is the ISO thing. I saw a thread from Ian and he was using auto iso.
    The exposure remained at 1/60 f2.8 and only the ISO changed.
    That looks like auto iso in M mode...

Gotta check that out.

5. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    GX1 shooters may be interested to know that Vitaly has now got his hands on a GX1and has begun work on a video hack. If you haven't heard of Vitaly, he is the genius who has cooked up some of the amazing video hacks for the GH2 that have squeezed out so much more of its hidden potential.

I'm only an infrequent (at best) video shooter, but it's good to know that at some point soon, your little GX1 will be capable of so much more in the vid department.

Sorry if this is old news, just thought I'd share.

• Like Like x 1