Panasonic GX1 Refurbished Cameras $199 Free Shipping Roberts Camera

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Jonathan F/2, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
  2. RoadTraveler

RoadTraveler Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 23, 2012
    Love the GX1 body, great camera that fits my style.

Recently they still showed a new, GX1 w/14-42 PZ in stock for $500, they still might!

I've considered it a few times, even though I have several GX1 bodies, because it seems that for $500 the body and lens are each approx. $250… though I don't need a second 14-42 PZ either.

3. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    It's a good price for a good camera. I liked the ergonomics of the GX1 a lot, adding a bigger grip to the E-PL5 comes close but the GX1 is still slightly ahead.

• Like Like x 1
  4. thchen

thchen Mu-43 Regular

Jan 28, 2012
    good to know my cam's value is dropping like a brick.

5. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Cameras are worthless lenses are the real investment! :wink:

• Like Like x 2
  6. yakky

yakky Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    They were selling for $199 NEW six months ago! Loved how the camera handled but flipped mine hastily.

7. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    That's about what I got mine for, absolutely no regrets whatever (except that no one has dropped a free LVF-2 in my hands yet :p ).

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bif

Bif Mu-43 Veteran

May 28, 2012
    San Angelo TX
    Bruce Foreman
    I got mine several months ago (maybe late spring early summer or thereabouts) from Roberts Camera. It was a body only, open box special, for $229 with new cam warranty, and no matter how the price plummets I'll keep it as a handy "runaround" camera that takes every lens I own.

Couple it with an LVF2 and it is one pleasure of a camera to use. Video function is full auto only though, but if it's all I have with me and I have to do some video I'll press the red button and roll on. It's video does look good.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RoadTraveler

RoadTraveler Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 23, 2012
    The GX1 is far from perfect, but I find it to be a very fine image making tool, primarily stills for me, one of my favorites in years.