1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Panasonic GX1 Leaked on Panasonic Website

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Amin Sabet, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    A GX1 promotional video has been leaked at Panasonic.com. According to Digicame-Info, the GX1 will be announced on November 8.

For the time being, the video is still up on the Panasonic site. Screen captures are shown below:

[Thanks everyone who sent me this]

• Like Like x 1
  2. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
  3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Not bad. I bet they want this out in time for Christmas...

4. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    Maybe in Japan by Christmas. I'll bet it won;t be available in the US until spring.....and then likely in short supply.

5. komucit

komucit New to Mu-43

Aug 13, 2011
    After tagline the fastest AF from olympus,now panasonic lumix coming up with tagline Ultra Light Speed High Speed AF

6. jyap

jyap Mu-43 Regular

May 16, 2011
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I definitely like what I see. The textured grip looks better an the previously leaked photos and everything looks nice and balanced. I think they should go more retro with this line and add another dial but I doubt that will ever happen with Panasonic. I hope it comes in at a competitive price. $600 (in line with the g3 and gf3 price on Amazon) would be nice but I'm expecting a price around the EP3 (around $850+). If the price is sub $650 then I'm sold. I think this is the GF1 successor that many have been waiting around for including myself.

7. linkedit

linkedit Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    Except for the GH2, $699 with kit lens seems to be Panny's price point lately.

8. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pasukun

Pasukun Mu-43 Regular

Aug 2, 2011
    Looks good. :)
    But what is he doing @2:10?
    Clearly he had no EVF mounted yet he brings the camera up so closely to his eye.. Hmm..

• Like Like x 1
  10. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    Looks a lot better than I expected...

11. carpandean

carpandean Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 29, 2010
    Western NY
    I'm kinda diggin' the silver.

12. betamax

betamax Mu-43 Regular

May 7, 2011
    NSW, Australia
    Alan
    Definelty looks better than the earlier pictures. As YJap says, the textured grip looks better.

Looking forward to image samples/sensor comparisons.

13. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    I'm not digging the color scheme at all, heh. Hope there's an all black option, though, not that I'm getting it.

But why oh why isn't that DISP button an Fn3 as well?

14. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    The black option is briefly seen next to the silver in the video. There's also a shot of the two in Mr. Doug's post with the series of still images. With all the comments about how how the GX1 looks better than expected... it just goes to show once again that we shouldn't make judgements until the camera is introduced.

15. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Yes,
    This one is definitely pleasing to the eye :smile:

16. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    As expected, they now have a 1.44 million dot EVF like the Oly VF-2. :) Now users of either brand can have access to the same high-quality EVF on their modular systems.

17. jyap

jyap Mu-43 Regular

May 16, 2011
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    From the screen shot it sounds like it is using the 16 megapixel G3/GH2 sensor. Not the 12 megapixel GF3 sensor.

We'll see how it goes.

18. jyap

jyap Mu-43 Regular

May 16, 2011
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Yeah, that looks quite well done.

19. jyap

jyap Mu-43 Regular

May 16, 2011
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    It looks better than expected compared to the previously leaked pictures in this forum. In the leaked pictures the front on picture was taken at a bad wide angle and the hand grip looked bad and protruding. So these professional press release are the real indicator of what's to come.

20. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    The GH2 and G3 use totally different sensors. This looks to be the G3 sensor, which is excellent.

Looks like there's only one brand in m4/3 for the time being. Come on Olympus!

Gordon