1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Panasonic GX1 for $395 - Amazon Gold Box Deal (Usually $539)

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Amin Sabet, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Good while supplies last!

Direct link: <a target="_blank" href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=mu43-20">Panasonic GX1 Gold Box Deal</a>https://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=mu43-20&l=ur2&o=1" width="1" height="1" border="0" alt="" style="border:none !important; margin:0px !important;" />

[URL="http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=mu43-20"][ATTACH=full]217087[/ATTACH][/URL]

The above links contain our affiliate code so we get a small credit for referring you if you click our link before putting the item in your shopping cart. Your price is not affected by using our link. Thanks for supporting Mu-43.com!

-Amin

[Thanks ampedlemon]

• Like Like x 3
  2. okinana

okinana Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Very tempting. Is this really worth it? I can't decide.

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I grabbed one. Irresistible to me at this price.

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Mu-43 App

4. Jman

Jman Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    I think I just threw up a little in my mouth. Having paid $699 for this camera just 6 months ago, to see it fall to nearly half price is quite disconcerting. I know as an early adopter that price drops are going to happen, I just didn't expect it to be HALF in six months. I'm not planning on selling my GX1 anytime soon, but if I had known what I know now, I would have waiting until now to get it. Luckily the E-M5 seems to be holding its value, and likely will for some time. I got decent resale on my GH2 as well.

But, for those who don't have one, it's a great price.

5. kschles

kschles Mu-43 Regular

Jul 3, 2010
    Laurel, MD; USA
    Ken
    I wonder if this reflects on the general sales of the GX1 or maybe that a new GX model is on the horizon. Not sure what to do - but it's a great price.

6. j.SoundLabs

j.SoundLabs Mu-43 Regular

Jun 6, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Jason
    This is a tough one! Selling a GF1 will net me about $175 or so..... hmmmm.

7. Uwharrie

Uwharrie Mu-43 Veteran

May 10, 2012
    North Carolina
    Lynne Ezzell
    How does this body compare to the G3?

8. playak47

playak47 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 4, 2010
    This is tough deal to pass up. But I think this is the E-M5 effect. There is so much hype and greats reviews for that camera, its is probably driving down the sales of alot of other mu-43 cameras. Even if people are not buying the E-M5 right away they are going to wait until the price goes down. Or it could be that there is new Panasonic (according to the rumors) coming out soon and they want to get rid of the inventory. Personally I feel the value of E-M5 is even higher now since it was announced the sensor is from Sony. We finally have new sensor in mu-43 that everyone was hoping for since the current sensors seemed to have reached their limit. I still have my E-PL1. It still does decent job (needs better high iso and faster af) But if I was to upgrade, the new sensor in the Sony keeps calling its name.

9. slith

slith Mu-43 Regular

Apr 4, 2012
    Dublin, Ireland
    Alfonso
    Considering I bought mine for 800 euro not long ago (ok, with the 14-42 PZ, but still)... But then again so is the story with modern electronics.

10. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Oh for crying out loud... I just bought a used/like new GX1 on amazon last night for $468 figuring I'd try it out and see if it makes a suitable companion to my G3. Just (re)ordered the gold box deal and looks like I'll be heading to the UPS store for a return in a few days :rolleyes:

EDIT: in a rare stroke of good luck, amazon hadn't shipped my order from last night and I was able to just cancel it. Excellent!

11. jnewell

jnewell Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 23, 2011
    Boston, MA
    Amazon one-day Gold Box specials don't necessarily indicate anything other than randomness in the universe. :)

12. tuanies

tuanies Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 13, 2011
    Graham, WA
    Tuan Huynh
    God its tempting but the G3 is a better deal I think :-\

13. jnewell

jnewell Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 23, 2011
    Boston, MA
    Pricing on Amazon is very volatile (or as the younger set says, random). I bought a GX1 body from Amazon ~25 days ago (just checked :wink: ). Guess the price? $399, or only $4 more than today's gold box special... :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  14. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    what a meathead.....

you could have bought 4 McDouble's with that 4 bucks...

what is wrong with you?

15. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Yeah, I've seen this first hand several times. Sometimes it can be a boon and other times it's really annoying!

There was a site I used a while back to actually watch amazon and email me when the price on a given item dropped x%. I forget which site I used but there's a bunch of them out there. Worked nicely for my purposes that particular time, but usually I'm too impatient to play the waiting game :rolleyes:

16. tuanies

tuanies Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 13, 2011
    Graham, WA
    Tuan Huynh
    I was tempted but I think I'm going to hold off for the G5 / GX2 announcement and wait for GX1 prices to tank on the used market :D.

17. alans

alans Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 28, 2010
    No, 4 McDouble's would have made him a meathead. $4 spent for good health!

18. arentol

arentol Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2012
    Is it on sale with the 14-42 (Non-PZ) as well? Because the price of that combo is currently only $492.95, which is less than the body-only price from yesterday.

19. tody

tody Mu-43 Regular

Nov 6, 2011
    waiting for the hacked video to see what this is capable of.

20. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez

can't argue with you........