1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Panasonic GM5: How to leave off the back screen?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by accio, Oct 6, 2016.

1. accio

accio New to Mu-43

Oct 6, 2016
    Hi all,
    does someone knows if the screen of the Pana GM5 can be leaved off using the eye sensor only to switch on/off the EVF?

To me this is a very handy use because many times I prefer to use the EVF only and the eye sensor is a great way to lower the battery drain. Furthermore I love the AF auto activation with the eye sensor.

Currently:
    - Using the switch button (EVF/screen) I can use the EVF only but the eye sensor does not works anymore, so the E VF stays on until power save.
    - If I leave the eye sensor on and switch off the display using the "display" button I've the perfect solution because the EVF switch on only when I put my eye on it but this mode does not stay if I switch the camera on and off.

Seems that the "display off" mode is the only mode that does not survive to a on-off of the camera, but maybe I'm missing something being new to Panasonic.

I'm new to the forum so apologise if this discussion has been yet dome (I've haven't found it).

Matteo

2. Hypilein

Hypilein Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 18, 2015
    If any of the other panasonic cameras are an indication, than unfortunately no. On my Gx7 you can cycle the display button until it turns off, but you have to do so everytime you start up the camera.

3. accio

accio New to Mu-43

Oct 6, 2016
    Sadly the off position of the display seems the only one not seved after a off-on of the camera.
    I cannot understand why.