Panasonic GH4 in Stock and Shipping from B&H!

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by napilopez, Apr 28, 2014.

1. napilopez

napilopez Contributing Editor

Feb 21, 2012
    NYC Area
    Napier Lopez

The body-only kit is in stock and shipping from B&H; I'm told there's a limited stock at the moment, but if you want to get your hands on a GH4 right away, now's the time!

I should be getting a review unit soon, so look for my impressions when the time comes. In the meantime, feel free to let me know if there's anything specific you'd like me to try out, and I'll do my best to accommodate.

P.S. Don't forget to regularly check out our deals forum for potential savings on items not posted on the front page!
    • Like Like x 1
  2. taz98spin

taz98spin Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 13, 2011
    I was just at B&H yesterday to check out the GH4..
    They didn't have it yesterday, but glad to see they have it today!
  3. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    I am very interested in this camera for some reason. This cam with the Nocticron mounted would be killer. Alas I only have money for one of them, and I shall choose Nocticron.
  4. ptan55

ptan55 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 18, 2011
    Amherst, NY
    Wow, this thing must be selling like hot cakes.
    It was available this morning (and I bought 1).
    I checked again just now and its depleted, back to back order status.
  5. wildwildwes

wildwildwes Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 9, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Yup, out of stock apparently till "mid-May".
  6. Fri13

Fri13 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 30, 2014
    Clad to see so many 4k TV owners here and professionals who get to shoot 4k for 1080p croping without need to frame before shooting. This camera is truly only for those need video with a 4k resolution and those should have it.
    Sad thing it is so demanded. Didn't know so many are professionals.
  7. taz98spin

taz98spin Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 13, 2011
    Not really interested in the video aspect, but as a stills camera.
    Many reports of improved tracking & DFD are an interest for me.
  8. magellan

magellan Mu-43 Rookie

May 4, 2014
  9. gcogger

gcogger Mu-43 Veteran

May 25, 2010
    The same here. It appears you also get a much reduced viewfinder blackout time in continuous shooting, which would help with those tracking sequences.
  10. LundyD

LundyD Mu-43 Regular

Feb 19, 2013
    Dayton, OH, U.S.A.
    Dave Lundy
    I had pre-ordered one from B&H a few weeks ago, but didn't receive any notification that they were in stock. I just happened to visit the site and saw they had them, and one was in my shopping cart when I logged in. I thought that was rather odd that I never got notified. Anyway, I'm glad I got mine before they sold out. Now, I have a lot of learning to do. It's so much like the GH3, yet so different.
  11. ptan55

ptan55 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 18, 2011
    Amherst, NY
    Texas media systems called me to tell me they have some coming in this week. If you want one asap give Benny Hernandez a call at 512-440-1400 ext225

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
  12. Fri13

Fri13 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 30, 2014
    I am waiting a model what does almost continues output to EVF no matter from shutter itself. 10FPS is already very easy to use for fast subjects but when you don't have a AF per frame it is less useful for many situations.
  13. Fri13

Fri13 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 30, 2014
    Would be nice if users would start posting experiences from AF in dark, and I mean dark and not low light. Seen couple videos about AF speed and in dark as well but real life experiences would be nice to read.
  14. RRRoger

RRRoger Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2014
    Monterey Bay
    I had a GH4 in one hand and a GH3 in the other yesterday before I sold my old (4 mos) GH3.
    It is about twice as good in low light for both Stills and Video but not as good as a D5300, D800, or D4.

The GH4 is harder to set up, but also has more options.
    Still plagued with tiny little buttons, I have two funtion buttons and have AFAE programmed for AF-ON.
    I am so glad the shutter button can be used for starting a Video in Movie mode.
    The ViewFinder and LCD are both better as is just about everything about the Camera.

The GH4 is pretty much max out at 6400 ISO for Video and really usable Stills,
    not saying you can't go higher.
    You will have to get a D4s or A7s for actually shooting in the dark.
    The D4s appears to be at least 4 times better camera.
    The only two things I like about the Sony is FullFrame Sensor and 409,000 ISO shooting
    so I will never be getting one of those.
    Besides, by the time you buy a 4k recorder it cost nearly as much as a D4s.