1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Panasonic GH3 Discontinued

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Robstar1963, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    Hi
    Have been enquiring with one particular supplier in recent days with regard to replacement stock of Panasonic GH3 bodies as they were on sale at a particularly good price taking into account the current Panasonic Cashback offer
    I was told tat the GH3 has now been discontinued by Panasonic and is no longer available for supply to retailers
    Anyone (Amin ?) able to confirm this is the case

Happy New Year To All
    Rob

2. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    It wouldn't surprise me. I can't imagine the GH4 costs much more to manufacture than the GH3, so while I'm sure Panasonic was happy to liquidate their remaining inventory of bodies at good prices, there's not much (if any) incentive for them to build more, when they can just gradually reduce their margins on the GH4 and maintain interest in their current flagship that way with more aggressive pricing over time.

3. Darren Bonner

Darren Bonner Mu-43 All-Pro

May 1, 2013
    Poole UK
    I think the only reason why the G7 has not yet been launched is because Panasonic are waiting for the G6 and GH3 stocks be near enough sold out.