Panasonic GH3 $599 at Samys Camera on Ebay and In-Store (No Tax for CA Residents)

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Jonathan F/2, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
  2. rjl1246

rjl1246 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 18, 2013
    Ohio
    Robert Lietz
    Jonathan,

Thanks for mentioning the link and sale. I recently ordered one of the GH3s Samy's has offered and it arrived yesterday. I haven't had a chance to work with it yet, but it looks brand new, absolutely mint, as the listing described it. I purchased it as an alternative to the GH4 primarily to begin learning about video and whether it fits into my photography needs before making a more significant investment. I don't know if this recommendation might be useful to buyers unfamiliar with Samy's (I had purchased a G3 from them previously,) but they provide good products with good communication and are offering, I think, a pretty capable camera for a reasonable price.

Thanks again.

Robert

3. memzinla

memzinla Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 31, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    I want to go to the Samy's right now just to see everything they have.

4. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    If you want to buy local, this is the time to do it. They'll price match any brick'n'motar store as long as you bring a print copy or web link of a particular item. Though I'm not to fond of Samy's restocking fee, so it's best you buy knowing exactly what you want!

5. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Mu-43 Regular

Nov 29, 2014

Too rainy today. :smile:

6. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Mu-43 Regular

Nov 29, 2014
    They will match the price but, of course, apply tax to that unless perhaps it's one of the items that they are offering tax free. There are several items right now that they are offering with an instant tax rebate.

7. rjl1246

rjl1246 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 18, 2013
    Ohio
    Robert Lietz
    Hi,
    I just noticed that Samy's has reduced the price of the GH3 open box camera to $549 on eBay. Here's the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-L...741890?pt=Digital_Cameras&hash=item27f2c55002

As I mentioned earlier, I purchased one of these and it was exactly as described.

If you've been thinking about a GH3, this might be a great chance to pick one up in mint condition for a competitive price.

Robert