Panasonic GH2 is enough.

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by Alain, Jul 17, 2012.

1. pheaukus

pheaukus Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2012
    This news crew agrees:
    GOING UNDERCOVER WITH THE PANASONIC GH2 – BY SKY NEWS SHOOTER ANDY PORTCH

It may help that lenses e.a. are interchangeable with a Panasonic AF 101. But it is also about undercover shooting: "A common problem is being caught with a lens on the camera that is too long or too wide."

There are a bunch of lens and shooting tips in that article:
    "Aba town was shot almost completely from inside our car. We had little time on the ground and limited access to our subjects. On both trips I had four lenses with me. It should have been three, but the Lumix 14-140mm came along for the ride. My main lenses were the Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95, Leica 14-50mm F2.8-F3.5 4/3rds lens with adapter and SLR magic 12mm F1.6.
    I wish all my lenses were made by Voigtlander. The Nokton 25mm gets my stories noticed. The Leica 14-50mm shares an organic quality and I like the medium zoom range, image stabilizing and faster speed. I don’t like the jumpy manual focusing with Leica’s electronic focus ring. I have retired this Leica lens many times, but keep coming back to it. The Lumix 14-140mm I find hard to manual focus and the image clinical by comparison. It should have stayed at home, but I wasn’t sure how far away I’d be from my subject. The SLR Magic 12mm F1.6 is a mixed bag. It does flare wide open, but I rarely use it below F2. It has an appealing image softness which works well. [...]
    I am eagerly awaiting the new Lumix X series 12-35mm and 35-100mm lenses which Panasonic have shown as prototypes. I wish there was a third mid fast zoom (12-60mm), which is a better workhorse focal length for news."

[ame=http://vimeo.com/39036270]Just a GH2: Aba Town, Tibetan Crackdown on Vimeo[/ame]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.