1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Panasonic GH2 is enough.

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by Alain, Jul 17, 2012.

1. pheaukus

pheaukus Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2012
    This news crew agrees:
    GOING UNDERCOVER WITH THE PANASONIC GH2 – BY SKY NEWS SHOOTER ANDY PORTCH

It may help that lenses e.a. are interchangeable with a Panasonic AF 101. But it is also about undercover shooting: "A common problem is being caught with a lens on the camera that is too long or too wide."

There are a bunch of lens and shooting tips in that article:
    "Aba town was shot almost completely from inside our car. We had little time on the ground and limited access to our subjects. On both trips I had four lenses with me. It should have been three, but the Lumix 14-140mm came along for the ride. My main lenses were the Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95, Leica 14-50mm F2.8-F3.5 4/3rds lens with adapter and SLR magic 12mm F1.6.
    I wish all my lenses were made by Voigtlander. The Nokton 25mm gets my stories noticed. The Leica 14-50mm shares an organic quality and I like the medium zoom range, image stabilizing and faster speed. I don’t like the jumpy manual focusing with Leica’s electronic focus ring. I have retired this Leica lens many times, but keep coming back to it. The Lumix 14-140mm I find hard to manual focus and the image clinical by comparison. It should have stayed at home, but I wasn’t sure how far away I’d be from my subject. The SLR Magic 12mm F1.6 is a mixed bag. It does flare wide open, but I rarely use it below F2. It has an appealing image softness which works well. [...]
    I am eagerly awaiting the new Lumix X series 12-35mm and 35-100mm lenses which Panasonic have shown as prototypes. I wish there was a third mid fast zoom (12-60mm), which is a better workhorse focal length for news."

[ame=http://vimeo.com/39036270]Just a GH2: Aba Town, Tibetan Crackdown on Vimeo[/ame]