1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

COMPLETED Panasonic GH2 + 14-42mm

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by BrankoD76, May 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrankoD76

BrankoD76 New to Mu-43

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Mar 14, 2012
    Withdrawn by site admin

2. jgmankos

jgmankos Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Apr 9, 2012
    Slatington, PA
    John
    I think the feedback I left in the iTrader part of the site is only visible to you, me, and the Site Admins. Here it is out in the forum so you can refer back to it:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

To the mu-43 staff (and whoever else you wish to share this with):

I bought a Panasonic 100-300mm via BrankoD76 on the Buy/Sell forum at mu-43.com. I got into a detailed conversation with Branko after seeing some of his posts and after learning a little about what he's selling and why he has to conduct business this way, I became more comfortable with going through a transaction with him which I'll outline below. If you have questions about what he's doing, I strongly encourage you to communicate with him and he will be able to answer any questions you may have.

Based on my conversations and my experience in our transaction, what you need to understand is this: In a nutshell, he's a professional with a Master's Degree. However, in his country (Serbia), unemployment is very high and he's not had work in a long time. To support his family while he currently learns new skills to increase his employability, he currently does online work through an Amazon program where he is paid for completing certain tasks (www.mturk.com). However, because of the country he lives in the only option for collecting payment from Amazon is via Amazon Gift Voucher credit. So to be able to actually convert that to usable money, he has to basically buy something from Amazon, and sell it to someone. Again, because of the country he's in he cannot use Paypal, so the only way for him to get paid is to use Moneygram wire transfer.

Of course...he’s also selling things at a loss. He has to to give someone incentive to buy from him vs. directly from Amazon (or elsewhere).

Now of course this is going to set off flags for everyone here in the USA as we've been told over the years that the red flags are Wire Transfers, European sellers who ship high priced electronics to USA, etc are things we should look out for. However, after a few emails exchanged I sensed that his situation is genuine and I decided to take a chance with him.

Now, I have received the Pansonic 100-300mmm lens and we have successfully completed our transaction. Now that it is complete, I can emphatically state the following facts about our transaction
    1) He followed through our transaction every step of the way exactly as we agreed upon.
    2) He stayed in constant communication with me every step of the way, sending me screenshots of confirmation pages, etc.
    3) He was very sincere, and communicated in an intelligent, pleasant manner.
    4) He understood the concerns from my end and went out of the way to alleviate them.
    5) In the end, I received a brand new lens, shipped directly from Amazon, just as he promised.

If anyone has any doubts and think's I'm just a shill for BrankoD76, I will be glad to send a scanned image of the actual packing slip from Amazon when I received the lens, and I'll also be glad to point someone to my feedback on either Ebay or PentaxForums.com.

I'm not going to sit here and say anyone should buy from Branko...that's for you to decide for yourself. I just want to convey the facts of a transaction and provide feedback based on how he handled the transaction. In the end I thought I got a really good deal on a piece of Brand New equipment I was going to buy anyway. I am very happy that I got a good deal and was able to help someone out in the process. If Branko has something for sale that you would be interested in at a price you're interested in, I would highly recommend him as a trading partner based on his handling of his transaction with me. I encourage you to communicate with him and decide for yourself. For what it's worth...if I need to buy something from Amazon in the future...I will be definitely be contacting Branko first to see if he is still doing this as I will gladly purchase this way through him again to help him out.

If he's someone you decide you can deal with, you're saving money on a new piece of equipment, and you're helping someone else out in the process who's trying to make the best of the situation he's been dealt.

Any questions, you can send me a private message through this site to userid jgmankos.

~ John (jgmankos)

3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Lots of info in here, but how does the warranty work? Or returns? What if the item is a complete dud (there are such things as lemons, after all). How does the transaction get reversed, or the item replaced?

I say this only because folks are trying to explain this, and this is the big question in my mind. If I buy used from an established member who OWNED the equipment, then I put some trust that they've tested it out, and maybe even gives a refund if I don't like something.

If, instead, I am getting an item that hasn't been touched yet through Amazon, and Branko gets that moneygram, how doe that reverse if the item is a dud, or how is a warranty claim made, or an exchange?

If someone can DOCUMENT that the item comes with a full year warranty that the new owner can utilize, then it's even better. But that's the question that came to my mind, when I figured out how this was working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.