1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Panasonic GF7 Leaked

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Biro, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Paul80

Paul80 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 6, 2014
    Me neither.

No viewfinder is the worse idea ever, no good if you don't have 20/20 vision, no good in bright sunlight and it forces you to hold the camera in the most unsteady way possible, no wonder they invented image stabalisation ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    The GF series used to be small and cheaper, but now the GM series is the small one. This must now just be the low end model, and that's now going to lend itself to an EVF. After all, if you put an EVF in, what's the difference between this and the GM5? It's clear that Panasonic is moving toward the retro look like Oly and Fjuji.

4. Steven

Steven Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Wow, that looks really nice! I guess it's too much to hope that it has a hot shoe to accept the now orphaned Lvf2.
    I would guess that Gm1 will be phased out and this will take its place in line-up at slightly lower price.

5. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'm guessing production-wise, the GM1 probably cost more to manufacturer than keep it as an entry level body. It'd be nice if this had access to an EVF.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Canonista

Canonista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    L.A.
    That doesn't look real to me; the hump seems pasted on. I would have thought they would simply phase out the GF line. Between the GH, GX and GM, Panny has all of the bases covered.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Serhan

Serhan Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    • Like Like x 1
  8. lightning

lightning Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2012
    Kerava, Finland
    IMO Panasonic is on the right path what comes to design, this is so much better looking than previous GF's, hopefully also G gets the same wonderful "facelift".

9. krixoff

krixoff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 11, 2013
    Perpinya
    If no EVF, what is the hump for? design? Stab?

10. val

val Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 19, 2013
    Australia
    William
    GF6 was not appealing.

Makes me wonder what the G7 will look like

11. Serhan

Serhan Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 7, 2011
    NYC
  12. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Is it just me or is the GF7 tiny? If you use the 12-32 attached to it as a reference, the camera is practically GM1 sized (minus the hump). If it has a proper flash system and shutter then it would be a worthy alternative for the GM series.

• Like Like x 2
  13. krixoff

krixoff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 11, 2013
    Perpinya
    exactly, without the hump, it look like an GM1

14. ManofKent

ManofKent Hopefully still learning

Dec 26, 2014
    Faversham, Kent, UK
    Richard
    I'm doubting the veracity of this leak, but am fully prepared to be proved wrong. I suppose it could essentially be a plastic bodied GM1 with a fake metal top like the XM1, but are the production costs between a metal body and plastic body that different once you add in the deigh an re-tooling costs?

15. pellicle

pellicle Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 10, 2010
    Southport, OzTrailEYa
    pellicle
    Indeed I was going to say it looked like a mung up of a GM. Wonder if its real or a physical fake...

16. Steven

Steven Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2012
    USA
    I think what's happening here is Panasonic wants to keep going for the low-end market but does not want to drag down the premium GM line/name, so they are basically releasing this under the cheap GF line, probably with lesser quality built, and possibly still the old sensor.

17. Talanis

Talanis Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 15, 2012
    Sherbrooke, Canada
    Eric Cote
    Not sure where Panasonic is going with the GF line. It never interested me because of the lack of a hotshoe. They must put some really good features in there or put the price really low if they want to sell some. TheE-M10 is cheap now and it looks better, have IBIS and a viewfinder.

18. Steven

Steven Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Well, apparently it was hugely popular in Asia, so they are just following the money. So, there's something for everyone in the line-up. :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Serhan

Serhan Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    From dpreview post:
    So it has a selfie mode... Pana created gm1/gf7 models similar to epm2/epl5 twins...

20. pellicle

pellicle Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 10, 2010
    Southport, OzTrailEYa
    pellicle
    Hi

me too
    which is interesting as I was thinking the Fuji's are starting to look like the GF series

xa2_handson-.

not that my opinion is worth a rats, but to me the advantages of the "micro" are being lost with the desires for big zoom lenses.