1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Panasonic GF3 -- Battery read problem

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by druu, Jun 11, 2012.

1. druu

druu New to Mu-43

May 1, 2012
    New York, NY
    So my GF3 slipped out of my hand last weekend on a destination wedding (swore to not bring my 2x DSLRs + kit with every focal length to weddings that I am not shooting and will be drinking myself silly :smile: ), end up half breaking my gf3 sober :frown:.

At first it seemed minor, the pop up flash takes a little bit of force to put back into place, but it operates just fine. I am now getting a "This Battery cannot be used" error about 2 seconds after the camera starts up (just enough time for me to snap one photo) and then powers off.

Has anyone encountered this error before or know of any possible fixes?

2. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    is it possible due to battery damage instead of camera's?

3. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    I may be (probably) completely wrong, but, I think Panasonic uses 'smart' batteries. The battery has a chip so you can't use a third party battery. So, maybe the battery or the chip were damaged by the fall.

G

4. druu

druu New to Mu-43

May 1, 2012
    New York, NY
    you're right, that's probably it. Doubtful that there is a fix for that, the gf3 is so cheap now that it's probably not worth sending it to be repaired as opposed to getting a used body. Mayhaps it's time for a diy open the camera up and take a look job heh. Thanks for the help folks.

5. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Maybe all you need is a new battery ... or to take a look at the connectors, make sure the alinement is correct.

G

6. druu

druu New to Mu-43

May 1, 2012
    New York, NY
    Tried a friend's battery, connectors looked fine, no avail. Since i'm about to go on vacation again, it looks like I'm going to make a trip tomorrow to Adorama or B&H and get one since I need one sooner than later.

7. MinGist

MinGist  

Jun 16, 2012
    At first it seemed minor, the pop up flash takes a little bit of force to put back into place, but it operates just fine.

drapes and curtains in ny