Panasonic GF3 and Leica 25mm f/1.4 to be Announced June 13?

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Amin Sabet, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    43 Rumors is reporting that the Panasonic GF3 will be announced on June 13th alongside the Leica 25mm f/1.4 lens.

According to their sources, the GF3 will be ~15% smaller than the GF2, continue the trend towards touchscreen controls, and will feature the same sensor as the G3.

It seems a bit odd that Panasonic would introduce the Leica 25/1.4, which is unlikely to be a very small lens, alongside such a small body. However, sources on multiple sites have suggested that this body and lens will indeed be announced on the same date in June.

Rumor Grade: A-

Rumor Evidence Grading System:
    A = Proven source, rumor extremely likely to be correct
    B = Good source, rumor likely to be correct
    C = New source, rumor plausible<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Link: 43 Rumors | Blog | (FT5) New Panasonic GF3 and Leica 25mm lens to be announced on June 13!

If you have any information about upcoming products, please let us know (name and email not required).
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    holy recursive batman, the GF3 will continually shrink itself to near 0 in size?!?! =D

I'm not a fan of "trend toward touchscreen".... that means less buttons. The GF2 was already enough of a hit. BUT, I would accept it if they then just made all the buttons programmable.
  3. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I'm guessing you mean it will be 15 percent smaller than the GF2?
  4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Thanks for catching that - now fixed.
  5. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    If it was 15% smaller than itself it would recurse itself into a singularity! :eek:

I am interested in a smaller camera than my GF1 but will probably look toward the G3 to replace my G1 first. And probably not until next year. I want to see where Olympus goes as well.