1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Panasonic GF2 with 14mm Lens for $429!

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Jman, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Jman

Jman Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Columbus, OH
  2. KS11

KS11 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    Busan/Hong Kong
    oh yeah, i remember that sale for the gf2 a while back. it was 399 with 14mm.....but now since used prices for gf2s are going down so much it might not be worth it.

3. lattiboy

lattiboy Mu-43 Regular

Dec 16, 2009
    Kenmore is a really nice store. I go there pretty often (it's just North of Seattle, WA).

They've been around for ages. Their used camera department is the single best I've ever seen. Gotten some insane deals in there...

It's a nice deal.... too bad about the tax for me (10%!)

4. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Ya know after fees you'll be lucky to come out with $250 for the GF2 on ebay...considering there are multiple 14mm listings under $200 on ebay as well (including new), it doesn't particularly seem worth the hassle of having to resell the body just for the lens (at least in this case).

Edit: looking at completed listings for the GF2, you'll be lucky to sell at $250 total...minus 10% fees between ebay and paypal, minus $15 shipping costs will net you only $210, so definitely not worth it.

5. lattiboy

lattiboy Mu-43 Regular

Dec 16, 2009
    Yeah, for re-sale this is a terrible deal (practically everything not from Korea/HK is!), but for a new purchase to keep with US warranty and all, this ain't bad.

6. Aegon

Aegon Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 3, 2011
    Portland, OR
  7. Jman

Jman Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Just thought the pricing on these kits is great, considering the 14/2.5 costs $305 by itself, so you are basically getting a new GF2 for $124.

Even if you only netted $210 on the GF2, you'd still save close to $100 on the 14mm. Yeah, you can buy it used, but this is new, with full 1 year warranty, so it's still a net gain for those interested. Now, to resell BOTH...not a great deal.

Not sure how the Korean eBayers are making a profit on a new 14mm. I haven't seen it below $300 new from a store here.

8. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    It wouldn't surprise me if they are all stolen goods (or more likely purchased with illicit funds). Small, feather light (almost worth their weight in Gold literally) and easy to move.

Those ebay sellers have single handedly driven down their own resale market, they started selling a few months back for a little less than $250 and have gone down to under $190 - if not for their own competition the lens would still be valued in at least the mid-$200 range. The fact that they drove the price down so fast (when they were already selling well) without care and without trying to keep the prices at the mid-$200 level indicates to me that they don't care what they get for the lenses, don't care about margins, and every dollar is likely profit and quite cleanly laundered international money, received $200 bucks at a time.

9. KS11

KS11 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    Busan/Hong Kong
    That would be quite scary if they were stolen! I bought one from the namdaemun market at seoul (new!) for 170$!!

10. lattiboy

lattiboy Mu-43 Regular

Dec 16, 2009
    I don't know about that. DZone has been around for ages and they beat almost all the Korean sellers. They've always had the best prices around. I believe it's because its all "gray market" equipment sold without any real warranties and not subject to tariffs.

They were a godsend when I shot Sony. If you want to talk about stealing, Sony's price-fixing arrangement with retailers is closer to the definition.

11. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Hahaha, yeah when corporations steal it is called good business practice! It does seem that all of those sellers mainly based in Korea...perhaps Panasonic has a lower price there to compete with Samsung or something odd like that. I can't help thinking the way I did in my post, it is my day job :)