Panasonic GF2 First Impressions at The Luminous Landscape

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Amin Sabet, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Michael Reichmann posted his initial GF2 impressions at LL: Panasonic GF2 First Impressions

My favorite bit:
    • Like Like x 3
  2. panystac

panystac Mu-43 Regular

Sep 14, 2010
    Tokyo, Japan
    I handled some GF2 mock ups today in Tokyo. (usually, they will have 3-4 cameras, plus a few empty shell bodies, when a new model is released)

It was interesting to see the size, which is a bit more like a Panasonic LX-5 in size, than a GF1.

I'll be interested to handle the real thing in a few weeks time....
    • Like Like x 1
  3. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    I think this is the most telling statement in the review.

"As for the question of whether to buy one, I think that there are two answers. If you already own a GF1 I would suggest that there really isn't a compelling reason to upgrade, because it really isn't an upgrade; it's a sidegrade if anything. Panasonic just wasn't targeting the GF2 at you."

This really echoes my thoughts from the time I was able to see the specifications. I find that I am in agreement with virtually everything as stated in the review.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    I think the GF2 will make a very nice second (or third) camera for many people. With the 20/1.7 and 14/2.5 it will make a useful pocket-able outfit. I will even look at it for this purpose. However I would not consider it for my primary camera.
  5. Lili

Lili Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 24, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    Interesting review and resulting images.
    Dragging the histogram....what a concept.
    Were I in the market for a camera with the best IQ in the smallest package (I always am) with interchangeable lens capability this does sound intruiging.
    • Like Like x 1