1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Panasonic GF1 price

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by deirdrec, Apr 17, 2011.

1. deirdrec

deirdrec New to Mu-43

Apr 17, 2011
    Hope this is the right place for this question. What is a good price I should expect to pay for a used good condition Panasonic GF1 with 20mm lens?

Thanks!

2. dfroelich

dfroelich Mu-43 Regular

Nov 15, 2010
    Anything less than $500 would probably be a good price. I got mine new at $600 in November. The price bounced back up to around 700. With the GF2's out, I think that price may hold as the last stocks sell out.

3. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
  4. linkedit

linkedit Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    Because the GF1 body has been discontinued and the 20mm lens is almost impossible to get. Since the GF2 has been something of a let down the GF1 has become almost a cult classic.

Even the 20 is going for almost $500 on eBay.

lumix 20mm | eBay

5. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    Boy, I love my 20mm, but I could easily sell it for that and just buy it again somewhere down the road when prices return to normal. Anyone want to pay over retail for a clean 20mm lens? Also accepting over-the-top offers for a complete gf1 kit with 20mm lens.

6. linkedit

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    In 6 mos you'll be able to get it for $300 again.

7. mick / Lumix

mick / Lumix Guest

Oct 3, 2010
    Well thats a change of tune in this forum !!!!! I advertised a GF1 + 20mm and plenty of people said why its worth very little now. I sold it via Flickr.....at a modest price. Perhaps its different for you super wealthy people in America but in the UK the Government are driving the economy down the toilet and few are spending !!!!!!!

8. linkedit

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    I think that the big reason prices are so artificially high is because of the tsunami in Japan. Most of the camera makers stopped production for now.

9. dfroelich

dfroelich Mu-43 Regular

Nov 15, 2010
    Wow! A few weeks back I almost convinced a friend to get a GF1/20 new at $650. I did not expect such a huge increase.

10. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    It's clearly the cost of the lens that is in short supply that is driving up the costs of these kits.

11. Within the last month purchased a 2nd GF1 body & 20mm from different sellers. The body was a very slightly used eBay purchase (1 month old, original owner purchased from BH). Lens was a new retail purchase. Total costs ended up ~$700. The 20mm was bouncing around from low to upper $300 range.

A good value? Depends on your perspective. Happy with the lens price. Would not have wanted to pay more the body.

12. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I paid 1390 for mine so you guys shouldn't be too worried about the current price.:smile: