Panasonic G9 with $150 gift card at Samy's Camera for $997. Includes some free stuff too

HappyCamp

Mu-43 Regular
https://www.samys.com/p/Digital-Mir...l-Camera-Body-with-$150-Gift-Card/215170.html

It is $1,147.99 but at checkout if you use the code PAN150 it will take $150 off the price to make the price $997.99

They say the camera ships with a $150 gift card.

They have a similar deal with the Panasonic GH5:
https://www.samys.com/p/Digital-Mir...ra-Body-Black-with-$200-Gift-Card/199109.html

Price is $1,497.99 but at checkout if you use the code PAN200 it will take $200 off the price to make the price $1,297.99.

It comes with a $200 Samy's gift card.

skellington

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Keith
Thanks! Ordered one to replace either my G5 or my E-M1 (mk1). Now I'll have to resist temptation to buy a GX-85 with the gift card.

Brownie

Thread Killer Extraordinaire
Real Name
Tim
So far I haven't seen a G95 on sale anywhere, probably still too new. If I could find a decent deal I'd be tempted to get one to back up my G9 and sell my G7. I wonder how they're selling with the devalued 12-60 f/3.5?

Thinking about it, you can buy the G9 body for $1k and get a $150 gift card. Good used copies of the 12-60 f/3.5 are available regularly for $200+/-. Given that, you can have a G9 with the same kit lens for hundreds of $ less than the G95. Seems kind of silly.

Last edited:

Brownie

Real Name
Tim
brownie-

b&h has the g9 for $998.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod..._dc_g9kbody_lumix_dc_g9_mirrorless_micro.html

i believe the samy's price is $1150 and the $150 gift card lowers the price to $1k.

i do not think the samy's price is $1k PLUS the $150 gift card (effectively making the G9 $850).

ymmv

rob
Thanks! I cruised their ad didn't see it. Still, it needs to be a bit more competitive to the G9 before I bite. I'm thinking the $850 range. I do wish they'd sell just the body here in the U.S., or at least kit it with a lens I need! (I know...ME, ME, ME!)

HappyCamp

Mu-43 Regular
i believe the samy's price is $1150 and the $150 gift card lowers the price to $1k.

i do not think the samy's price is $1k PLUS the $150 gift card (effectively making the G9 $850).

The Samy's price is $997 PLUS the $150 gift card. When you check out and apply the code PAN150 the price gets lowered to $997. And it specifically says that the G9 ships with a $150 gift card.

I haven't checked today if the code still works but yesterday it worked and I ended up ordering it myself.

ooheadsoo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Disgustingly good deal. Too bad the sales tax takes the shine off for some. No brainer if you don't mind the panasonic quirks.

Brownie

Real Name
Tim
The Samy's price is $997 PLUS the $150 gift card. When you check out and apply the code PAN150 the price gets lowered to $997. And it specifically says that the G9 ships with a $150 gift card.

I haven't checked today if the code still works but yesterday it worked and I ended up ordering it myself.
We were discussing the G95.

HappyCamp

Mu-43 Regular
We were discussing the G95.

Okay, but the comment only mentioned the G9. The link posted was to a G9. So everything I read was talking about the G9 and also talking about the Samy's pricing on the G9.

So if it was about the G95, I feel I have a reason to be confused ?

Brownie

Real Name
Tim
Okay, but the comment only mentioned the G9. The link posted was to a G9. So everything I read was talking about the G9 and also talking about the Samy's pricing on the G9.

So if it was about the G95, I feel I have a reason to be confused ?
I had mentioned that I had yet to see the 95 on sale. If I could get one to back up my 9 at a good price, I would. He pointed out that it was indeed on sale, I simply missed it in the ad.

Don't mind me, I talk in circles! :drinks:

For those interested in the G95, Focus Camera via Rakuten has the G95 with 12-60mm and accessories for $1199 and you earn 19,184 points, which is $191.84 that you can use to purchase other stuff from Rakuten. Focus Camera is an authorized brick and mortar dealer. Rakuten also has equipment from other authorized dealers, such as Adorama, so you can use that $191.84 to buy a tripod, SD card, case, lens etc. (Make sure and check who is selling an item before buying as there are also some gray market outfits like 6th Ave on Rakuten).
https://www.rakuten.com/shop/focus-camera/product/DCG95MK-KT1/?sku=DCG95MK-KT1

Also, there is currently a deal on Rakuten where you get a $30 in points if you pay using Mastercard. I bought 2 Sony M 64GB cards (277 mbps read, 150 mbps write), sold by Focus Camera on Rakuten, for $115 and will get $16.80 + $30 = $46.80 in points back.

Last edited:

HappyCamp

Mu-43 Regular
As a note. I did purchase the G9 deal for $997. It arrived today with the G9 and a $150 Samy's gift card, plus a few free items (1TB portable disk drive, 64GB SD card, and a small camera bag).

Not sure how they sell if for so cheap, but I'm not complaining.

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
It's deals like these that sadden me for buying my G9 a month early. I wanted to wait, but all the kid's birthdays were coming up and I wanted the upgrade. Maybe a retailer will throw me a bone on the P100-300.

It's deals like these that sadden me for buying my G9 a month early. I wanted to wait, but all the kid's birthdays were coming up and I wanted the upgrade. Maybe a retailer will throw me a bone on the P100-300.

For any consumer electronics, it is best to wait rather than buy a month before Thanksgiving, because of the Black Friday sales.

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
For any consumer electronics, it is best to wait rather than buy a month before Thanksgiving, because of the Black Friday sales.
Oh, I'm aware of the risks! I honestly didn't expect the G9 to come down that far. It was already being sold at a discount. Last year, I couldn't find a good deal on a camera I wanted during the holidays.

ooheadsoo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Incredible deal for the price. I wouldn't feel bad except for those who paid the original msrp. The ergos are really unmatched at this price point.

Stanga

Mu-43 All-Pro
It's so ridiculous that the G9 is merely a few $$ more than the far lesser spec G90/95. Either the G90 is selling so well that Panasonic doesn't have to discount it, or they are keeping it deliberately high so that the G9 looks great value for money. Their next "promotion" would then be to sell the G90 with a £100 rebate.

Brownie

Real Name
Tim
It's so ridiculous that the G9 is merely a few $$ more than the far lesser spec G90/95. Either the G90 is selling so well that Panasonic doesn't have to discount it, or they are keeping it deliberately high so that the G9 looks great value for money. Their next "promotion" would then be to sell the G90 with a £100 rebate.
Yeah, it's odd. Although in the states the 95 is sold only in kit, the comparison isn't pure. Still, I would expect to be able to buy a 95 for something less than $1000. I think it was introduced at too high a price to begin with. I waited for the unveiling with anticipation, then went and bought a G9.

Is the 90/95 selling well? It's been about 6 months since it was introduced. Usually by now some of the early buyers would be selling, and I don't see a lot for sale used. In fact, not sure I've seen any. I guess there is one of two possibilities: People love them and are holding on, or, they aren't selling worth a hoot.

Latest threads

Top Bottom