1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Panasonic G9 Open Box - $899 - Samy's Authorized Dealer

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by snaimpally, Mar 18, 2019.

1. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Dec 31, 2012
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  2. Ranger Rick

Ranger Rick Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Tempe, AZ
    Rick
    They are gone, but they now have a GX9 with kit lens for $697 via above link.

3. rjl1246

rjl1246 Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 18, 2013
    Ohio
    Robert Lietz
    Hi,
    I purchased one of these when it was $999. Samy's offers great products. Mine had 45 or so actuations on it and was in brand new condition, as well as coming with the full year warranty. If yours hasn't arrived yet, snaimpally, you're in for a great unboxing moment.
    Enjoy!

Robert

4. ToxicTabasco

ToxicTabasco Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 2, 2018
    South West USA
    On the DPR there was a event where new G9 with grip, 12-60, and 200mm f/2.8 with 1.4TC was selling for about $2900. What's the deal with the G9 selling for so cheap?

5. Enoch

Enoch Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Jul 10, 2015
    Enoch Haven
    Is this happening now? That is a great price!

6. snaimpally

Dec 31, 2012

Thanks Robert! 6 years ago I bought an open box GM1 from Samy's via ebay so I am familiar with Samy's. Can't wait. Given the size, I was surprised at just how much I liked the G9 when I tried it. It is quite lightweight despite the size and the ergonomics are superb.

• Like Like x 1
  7. snaimpally

Dec 31, 2012
    Keep checking ebay if you are interested. Samy's has twice previously had an open box for $899 in the last week, before this listing. On Saturday, I had a chance to check the G9 out at a Panasonic event and decided to get it so I started checking Samy's eBay store every chance I could get. As soon as I saw the listing, I made my purchase.

• Like Like x 2
  8. rjl1246

rjl1246 Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 18, 2013
    Ohio
    Robert Lietz
    Hi again,

I agree about checking frequently. The cameras were listed toward the end of last year and sold out, listed again, until I purchased mine. There could be another entering the cycle soon or maybe not for a week or more. I wrote Samy's to ask if more would be listed and was told to watch later that day, which I did and was glad to find it re-listed. I, as snaimpally has, purchased previously listed open box items, all of which were like new and carrying full-year warranties. Not one disappointed, so I too would recommend watching for the next appearance.

Robert

9. NY Gadget Guy

NY Gadget Guy Mu-43 Regular

Mar 17, 2016
    The one thing that I noticed about the G9 is that the touchpad AF is laggy compared to the G7 / G85.

This reviewer noticed it also:
    Hope that gets fixed in firmware soon!

I *love* touchpad AF!

10. Tool Crazy

Tool Crazy Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 5, 2018
    Link?

11. cnyap

cnyap Mu-43 Regular

Jan 30, 2015
    G9 deal was only at a UK photo event. Two threads mentioned it on dpr.

12. ToxicTabasco

ToxicTabasco Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 2, 2018
    South West USA
    Sorry for the late reply. It was a camera show event in the UK somewhere. There were some talk about it on the DPReview forums.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.