Robstar1963

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Robert (Rob)

Robstar1963

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Robert (Rob)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Robstar1963

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Robert (Rob)
@Robstar1963 great shots! you seem to be having really good luck with the G9 for these shots. How is the AF?
Hi @nstelemark
Thanks for the kind comment
Focussing is actually pretty good
I’d say that the in general so far the EM1/2 has had the edge and the keeper rate has been lower with the G9
However at the end of last season I travelled to Snetterton to shoot the last round of the ‘Thundersports’ racing series (shots in posts above #4 onwards before the F1 picture) above) (where my step son was competing in the 600 super sports freshman category (he won 2 of his last races there and was second overall in the series despite missing the first round ! As it was his first season at 21 he did very well )
I exclusively used the G9 a lot more there and my keeper rate improved
I enjoy using the G9 - the ergonomics are very good for my large hands and the EVF is more enjoyable to use than the one on the EM1/2
I used the 40-150 and 300 PRO lenses last season
I now have a Panasonic 200 f2.8 which will hopefully increase the keeper rate with the addition of DFD and Dual IS although for panning the Dual IS will probably have little or no benefit
I’m eagerly awaiting the start of the new Motorsports season (I’ve got very itchy feet at the moment) so look forward to using the 200 which I think will be a good focal length for race track events
I’ll post some shots here as soon as I start again although I am considering the EM1X but not likely to buy at the current price there’s an outside chance I’ll end up with one at some stage at which point the G9 would be sacrificed to part fund the upgrade
I’m pretty sure the EM1X would yield much higher keeper rates but I do enjoy the challenge of shooting with the current models including the G9 and EM1/2 which I’ve now sold so am currently solely G9
Regards
Rob

Bagrphotography

Mu-43 Regular
I hope you ignore my other question in the Motorsport images thread.

To keep this thread relevant, have you installed the major firmware update? Have you perceived any improvement in the kit?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom